The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Blogs > Paul Simpson
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

There's more

Submit "There's more" to Facebook Submit "There's more" to Digg Submit "There's more" to Google Submit "There's more" to StumbleUpon
Posted 5th February 2009 at 06:44 AM by Paul Simpson

Another frustrating attempt to get in to London to the CQI on a mixture of private and public transport. Interesting job getting through the snow in my car. Front wheel drive and wide tyres on packed snow is no fun! The news is telling us that the country has run out of road salt. Talk about quality planning - this weather has been forecast for weeks!

Those of you from climates more used to this weather must be laughing your socks off! We only need 2 cm of snow and the country is paralysed.

Is there anyone out there who can shed some light on how Sweden, Austria and Switzerland (to name but a few) can cope with weather extremes without blinking an eye while we can't. Putting it into a quality context - what happened to process robustness, lessons learned, benchmarking etc., etc.

A final weather aside - don't you find attempts by rail (and airline) operators to communicate infuriating? I was standing on a frozen platform on Monday (have I made commuting sound appealing yet? ) and the announcer - in the absence of any news on when we might have a train to take us home insisted on apologizing for the lack of service from my (only) Train Operating Company (TOC) due to 'adverse weather conditions.' Fair enough, you might say, but while they are telling us it is the weather's fault a series of high speed trains from another TOC and more freight opererators are merrily hurtling through the station - are they operating in different weather?

It reminds me of when the airport announcer apologizes to us for flight delays due to 'operational reasons' ... which tells us precisely nothing. The age of communication without information.
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Do you find this blog post helpful and informational?

The time now is 04:16 AM. All times are GMT -4.
Your time zone can be changed in your UserCP --> Options.

Marc Timothy Smith - Elsmar.com
8466 LeSourdsville-West Chester Road, Olde West Chester, Ohio 45069-1929
513 341-6272
NOTE: This forum uses "cookies".