Developing procedure for Determining Company's Context And Interested Parties
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Developing procedure for Determining Company's Context And Interested Parties - Page 2

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
context of the organization, interested parties, iso 9001:2015, procedures (general)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  Post Number #9  
Old 28th June 2016, 05:58 AM
JoShmo

Total Posts: 156
Question Re: Asking help in developing procedure for Determining Company's Context And Interes

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by rdanis View Post

Hi,
My company is an ISO 9001:2008 certified manufacture company. We have all procedures required by v2008 and quality policy (set by company's group) in place. Now we're preparing our self to migrate to the v2015.

Currently I'm developing the procedure to determine the context of the organization and the interested parties.
My plan is to list all of the interested parties and then review the compliance against their requirements. But, that's all that I can think so far, so my question are:
1. Ideally who should perform the listing process? departmental manager, top management or "management representative"?
2. Base on the list and the status, who should determine the context of the company? departmental manager, top management or "management representative"?
3. Or, once we have the list of the interested parties and the compliance status, does it mean we have determined the context of the company and comply to ISO requirement?
Why do you feel a need for a "procedure"? It's a simple task, best accomplished at a management review, by your management team. All that they have to do is clearly indicate who they believe their interested parties are, what are the issues affacting those and then figure out what the organization is supposed to be doing in the marketplace. You have also to consider what is going to happen to your quality policy (like if it's really accurate) and your objectives from that understanding.
Thank You to JoShmo for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #10  
Old 28th June 2016, 11:15 PM
rdanis

Total Posts: 23
Re: Asking help in developing procedure for Determining Company's Context And Interes

I understand that it's not mandatory to have such a procedure, but talking about "feeling", it's too subjective and debatable. Actual reason is too "cliche" as my company is a kind of traditional company. Anyhow, thanks for the input, I like the simpler method.
  Post Number #11  
Old 29th June 2016, 06:56 AM
JoShmo

Total Posts: 156
Let Me Help You Re: Asking help in developing procedure for Determining Company's Context And Interes

Quote:

I understand that it's not mandatory to have such a procedure, but talking about "feeling", it's too subjective and debatable. Actual reason is too "cliche" as my company is a kind of traditional company. Anyhow, thanks for the input, I like the simpler method.
"Simpler method"? All you need to do is put the discussion on the agenda for your management review and document the discussion/outcome etc. No procedure necessary, you already HAVE a proces to deal with it and voila it's actually simpler than you are proposing. It's likely you'll only do this one time, why write a document to gather more dust?

The last thing you need to be doing is fulfilling their worst nightmare than MORE procedures are needed when, in fact, they aren't.
Thank You to JoShmo for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #12  
Old 29th June 2016, 07:52 AM
Candi1024

Total Posts: 117
Re: Asking help in developing procedure for Determining Company's Context And Interes

So each department manager is to list their own interested parties? Is this only external, or will they consider other departments as interested parties? If I was a production manager, I would have no idea what to do with that procedure. Do you define interested parties at all?

Then they are to manage the interested parties?
Thanks to Candi1024 for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #13  
Old 29th June 2016, 08:27 AM
Jen Kirley

Total Posts: 6,129

Determination of stakeholders (interested parties) has been an early step in business planning for years. Articles on the subject have been published by the Harvard Business Review, also the University of Kansas and the Center for Disease Control.

I can appreciate wanting to set out guidance, but I was wondering if it would be enough to build such guidance into the format the interested parties would be listed in.
Thank You to Jen Kirley for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #14  
Old 4th July 2016, 07:17 AM
LUV-d-4UM

Total Posts: 766

Quote:

Hi,
My company is an ISO 9001:2008 certified manufacture company. We have all procedures required by v2008 and quality policy (set by company's group) in place. Now we're preparing our self to migrate to the v2015.

Currently I'm developing the procedure to determine the context of the organization and the interested parties.
My plan is to list all of the interested parties and then review the compliance against their requirements. But, that's all that I can think so far, so my question are:
1. Ideally who should perform the listing process? departmental manager, top management or "management representative"?
2. Base on the list and the status, who should determine the context of the company? departmental manager, top management or "management representative"?
3. Or, once we have the list of the interested parties and the compliance status, does it mean we have determined the context of the company and comply to ISO requirement?
Use the Management Review to assemble the multi-functional team that would develop the list of interested parties.
  Post Number #15  
Old 5th July 2016, 12:41 AM
somashekar

Total Posts: 5,345

My Context ... write up ... Just from a brain storming ... No need to write up one...
Attached Files: 1. Scan for viruses before opening, 2. Please report any 'bad' files by Reporting this post, 3. Use at your Own Risk.
File Type: pdf my context.pdf (66.6 KB, 1160 views)
Thank You to somashekar for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #16  
Old 10th July 2016, 06:25 AM
rdanis

Total Posts: 23

Now I fully agree that Management Review Team can simply do the task.
Thanks to all for the helpful hints, replies , links and example. As always this forum is a great place to find resolution.

Sent from my C2005 using Tapatalk
Thank You to rdanis for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >