The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Developing procedure for Determining Company's Context And Interested Parties - Page 6

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
context of the organization, interested parties, iso 9001:2015, procedures (general)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  Post Number #41  
Old 18th August 2016, 06:38 PM
Coury Ferguson

Total Posts: 4,588
Re: Developing procedure for Determining Company's Context And Interested Parties

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by JoShmo View Post

Your missing the point. It's the register who is putting things in their checklist which go beyond ISO requirements. Who is going to listen if any appeal is made? Sure the auditor was incompetent (really he was), but if the register management don';t get it what chance does an appeal have?
Could you provide some of the issues you are having with the Appeal Process, what were the actual findings?

This would help us determine how to help you resolve the organization's issues.

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #42  
Old 23rd August 2016, 11:54 AM
Kronos147

Total Posts: 312
Re: Developing procedure for Determining Company's Context And Interested Parties

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by JoShmo View Post

Your missing the point. It's the register who is putting things in their checklist which go beyond ISO requirements. Who is going to listen if any appeal is made? Sure the auditor was incompetent (really he was), but if the register('s) management don't get it what chance does an appeal have?
I guess you are assuming that all of the top management at the registrar knows about the checklist. It couldn't possibly be what some scheme manager created in good conscience but outside of the scope of the regular process for the registrar.

(Side note: as an auditor, I called these people 'rogue operators'. People trying to do something they think is good not realizing they are going against the grain of all previous system planning.)

Perhaps an appeal would have the organization look at the scheme manager and either provide the necessary training or change the scheme manager.

Last edited by Kronos147; 25th August 2016 at 03:00 PM. Reason: typo (thanks Steve!)
Thanks to Kronos147 for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #43  
Old 24th August 2016, 07:15 AM
JoShmo

Total Posts: 156
Let Me Help You Re: Developing procedure for Determining Company's Context And Interested Parties

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Kronos147 View Post

I guess you are assuming that all of the top management at the registrar knows about the checklist. It couldn't possibly be what some scheme manager created in good conscience but outside of the scope of the regular process for the registrar.

(Side note: as an auditor, I called these people 'rouge operators'. People trying to do something they think is good not realizing they are going against the grain of all previous system planning.)

Perhaps an appeal would have the organization look at the scheme manager and either provide the necessary training or change the scheme manager.
I know the register - a small outfit. Management know, trust me.
  Post Number #44  
Old 26th August 2016, 04:15 PM
Alienraver

Total Posts: 13

Wow, this doesn't give me confidence as I approach my audit in 3 weeks. What I want to know is how can they ask for formal risk assessment when the standard itself even states that it's not a requirement? Annex A4 says so, it states that there is no requirement for formal methods of risk management or a documented risk management process. It says we get to decide what is best for us. Unless you are making some serious product, which may impact lives I don't see a reason to have a formal process or management of risk.
Thank You to Alienraver for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #45  
Old 26th August 2016, 05:41 PM
LUV-d-4UM

Total Posts: 769

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Alienraver View Post

Wow, this doesn't give me confidence as I approach my audit in 3 weeks. What I want to know is how can they ask for formal risk assessment when the standard itself even states that it's not a requirement? Annex A4 says so, it states that there is no requirement for formal methods of risk management or a documented risk management process. It says we get to decide what is best for us. Unless you are making some serious product, which may impact lives I don't see a reason to have a formal process or management of risk.
Please try not to worry. Here are the 6 things that you need to complete before going through this audit: Management Review per ISO9001:2015, Internal Audit to the new standard, Context of the organization, risk, internal/external issues. If you've done those things, you need not worry.
Thanks to LUV-d-4UM for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #46  
Old 26th August 2016, 08:59 PM
JoShmo

Total Posts: 156
Read This! Re: Developing procedure for Determining Company's Context And Interested Parties

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by LUV-d-4UM View Post

Please try not to worry. Here are the 6 things that you need to complete before going through this audit: Management Review per ISO9001:2015, Internal Audit to the new standard, Context of the organization, risk, internal/external issues. If you've done those things, you need not worry.
That's only waht the standard says! Everything my client expeirenced was beyond the standard and was the register's requirements. I'd be worried.
  Post Number #47  
Old 31st August 2016, 04:12 AM
charanjit singh

Total Posts: 112

While listing out the interested parties, I have a doubt. If a Certification Body is considered as an interested party, can we classify it as an external provider of service? After all, they deliver the organisation a certificate and get paid for their 'service'.
  Post Number #48  
Old 31st August 2016, 08:52 AM
LUV-d-4UM

Total Posts: 769

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by charanjit singh View Post

While listing out the interested parties, I have a doubt. If a Certification Body is considered as an interested party, can we classify it as an external provider of service? After all, they deliver the organisation a certificate and get paid for their 'service'.
Absolutely!! They are considered as external interested parties.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >