Elsmar Cove Quality DiscussionsDeveloping procedure for Determining Company's Context And Interested PartiesThe Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums More Free Files Forum Discussion Thread Post Attachments Listing Cove Discussion Forums Main Page
Developing procedure for Determining Company's Context And Interested Parties
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Elsmar XML RSS Feed
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
context of the organization, interested parties, iso 9001:2015, procedures (general)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 20th June 2016, 01:02 AM
rdanis

Total Posts: 23
Thank You! Developing procedure for Determining Company's Context And Interested Parties

Hi,
My company is an ISO 9001:2008 certified manufacture company. We have all procedures required by v2008 and quality policy (set by company's group) in place. Now we're preparing our self to migrate to the v2015.

Currently I'm developing the procedure to determine the context of the organization and the interested parties.
My plan is to list all of the interested parties and then review the compliance against their requirements. But, that's all that I can think so far, so my question are:
1. Ideally who should perform the listing process? departmental manager, top management or "management representative"?
2. Base on the list and the status, who should determine the context of the company? departmental manager, top management or "management representative"?
3. Or, once we have the list of the interested parties and the compliance status, does it mean we have determined the context of the company and comply to ISO requirement?
Thanks to rdanis for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 20th June 2016, 02:49 AM
oldmanian

Total Posts: 24
Re: Asking help in developing procedure for Determining Company's Context And Interes

rdanis,
We are at the exact same point and what I have done is started a list that I will take to a management meeting where the owners can put in what they want to add. I have found that if I start the list and get others involved as well they will take better ownership of a problem. I find that the list so far has all our customers (30 plus) all our suppliers (100 plus) our owners and our employees so the list can get large without trying to hard. Good luck with your progress
Thanks to oldmanian for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Sponsored Links

Post Number #3  
Old 20th June 2016, 10:57 AM
yodon

Total Posts: 1,025
Re: Asking help in developing procedure for Determining Company's Context And Interes

I haven't started down the path just yet but have been considering things (like SWOT for context). I think the approach oldmanian describes is probably the right way to get things going - start with a strawman, at least.

I am curious about the level of detail necessary for the 'interested parties.' Would it suffice to generalize 'customers' and 'suppliers' rather than listing them individually?
  Post Number #4  
Old 20th June 2016, 02:02 PM
metsmark

Total Posts: 7

oldmanian & rdanis,

Same point here, I do not think the interested parties list necessarily needs to include each customer and each supplier, as long as your requirements for each are the same. Thoughts?
Thanks to metsmark for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #5  
Old 20th June 2016, 02:07 PM
Kchnwtch

Total Posts: 40

We're a small business, and I was told by our ISO consultant to keep the numbers of interested parties low, or at least in groups, such as "customers" and "suppliers." The theory is that the interested parties should have some sort of demonstrable effect on the QMS (even if infinitesimally small, I suppose...), or some mention in planning documents or management meetings, and that such effects could be audited. If you have a list of hundreds of "types" of interested parties, that could make for a lot of unnecessary paperwork or abnormally long meetings.
Thank You to Kchnwtch for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #6  
Old 20th June 2016, 10:45 PM
rdanis

metsmark & Kchnwtch,
I do agree with you to keep the list as short as and as simple as possible. Luckily, my company produces ready use (final) product sold to local market only.
May be the customer list can be longer if we produce custom products for each customer worldwide with different law and nature requirements, but we can still group them to make a shorter list.
Thank You to rdanis for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #7  
Old 21st June 2016, 01:03 AM
in_cr_ove

Total Posts: 26

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by rdanis View Post

Hi,
My company is an ISO 9001:2008 certified manufacture company. We have all procedures required by v2008 and quality policy (set by company's group) in place. Now we're preparing our self to migrate to the v2015.

Currently I'm developing the procedure to determine the context of the organization and the interested parties.
My plan is to list all of the interested parties and then review the compliance against their requirements. But, that's all that I can think so far, so my question are:
1. Ideally who should perform the listing process? departmental manager, top management or "management representative"?
2. Base on the list and the status, who should determine the context of the company? departmental manager, top management or "management representative"?
3. Or, once we have the list of the interested parties and the compliance status, does it mean we have determined the context of the company and comply to ISO requirement?
QMS is a system devised for a purpose (objectives). it puts forward a plan (method) to achieve the purpose. every plan has some assumptions that may be internal or external to the organisation. these assumptions may change over time & may necessitate recalibrating the plan (QMS).
this is the context.
the organisation may list such assumptions. involvement of all functions/ processes is important to capture major internal & external issues. the list may be reviewed periodically & corrective action may be taken where needed.
Thanks to in_cr_ove for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #8  
Old 28th June 2016, 05:40 AM
rdanis

Coming back to this topic,
I've created the procedure as attached, please comment.
Attached Files: 1. Scan for viruses before opening, 2. Please report any 'bad' files by Reporting this post, 3. Use at your Own Risk.
File Type: docx Company Context.docx (17.4 KB, 2137 views)
Thank You to rdanis for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >