The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

ISO 9001 Clause 5 - Leadership (as a Process?) - Page 2

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
leadership, processes (general)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #9  
Old 31st August 2016, 12:08 PM
Kronos147

Total Posts: 312
Re: ISO 9001 Clause 5 - Leadership (as a Process?)

Sounds manageable to me.

Nice!

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #10  
Old 31st August 2016, 01:47 PM
Coury Ferguson

Total Posts: 4,588

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Alienraver View Post

I have lumped our management process into the Support Process. Our support process includes things like high level quality, IT, Leadership (Management) and Safety. Which as a manufacturing facility are all supporting the major process of production. There are others, we have a total of 6 CORE processes for our business, about 185 employees.
Good job on that. Management is a Supportive Process. Management/Leadership makes decisions for the organization, that can affect interested parties and should be identified somewhere, in my opinion.

I like what you did with that.
  Post Number #11  
Old 4th October 2017, 03:57 PM
normzone

Total Posts: 765

I think I'm screwed on this one.

My standards for what constitute leadership may be too high for the average management team to meet.

Remember what George Carlin said about average people?

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

My expectation of a leader is that they work to develop their employees so that the employees, and therefore organization continually improve.

But this thread seems to confirm the tack that my current top dogs take - that management, supervision, and leadership are all the same thing, and if you run the company from the top you are the leader, and automatically performing leadership. End of story.

I don't think they are really that thick, it's just an easy evasion. Then again, not everybody wants to be mentored in the manner I have always looked for. The path of least resistance is well trodden.

So if external auditors deign to see it in the same light, then I don't expect any gain from this element being induced into the standard. I guess time will tell.
  Post Number #12  
Old 10th November 2017, 08:19 PM
normzone

Total Posts: 765

Damn .... That cannot be a good sign, when you go looking for help on the forum and the best you can find is your own post bemoaning that you need some help.

Case in point, 9001:2015 internal audit I'm struggling to finish per 5.1.1 j) :

How does top management support other management roles to demonstrate leadership?

Have a good weekend everybody -

Post Number #13  
Old 10th November 2017, 09:12 PM
Sidney Vianna

Total Posts: 9,319

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by normzone View Post

How does top management support other management roles to demonstrate leadership?
Totally hypothetical scenario :

Quality manager (other relevant management role) is frustrated because many silo landlords department heads process owners don't pay attention to requests for corrective actions in their respective areas of influence, leaving quality problems lingering. They don't believe it is their responsibility to answer to the lowly quality manager

The leadership of the organization has a chance to demonstrate if they are committed or not by demanding actions and responses from the people who are totally disregarding the RCA's.

[sarcasm]I know, I know, a totally fictional scenario. It could never happen in the real world. [/sarcasm]
Thanks to Sidney Vianna for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #14  
Old 11th November 2017, 01:52 AM
Golfman25

Total Posts: 1,464

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Sidney Vianna View Post

Totally hypothetical scenario :

Quality manager (other relevant management role) is frustrated because many silo landlords department heads process owners don't pay attention to requests for corrective actions in their respective areas of influence, leaving quality problems lingering. They don't believe it is their responsibility to answer to the lowly quality manager

The leadership of the organization has a chance to demonstrate if they are committed or not by demanding actions and responses from the people who are totally disregarding the RCA's.

[sarcasm]I know, I know, a totally fictional scenario. It could never happen in the real world. [/sarcasm]
Well in fact it is not their responsibility to ansewer to the lowly quality manager. It is their responsibility to correct any issues under their control.
  Post Number #15  
Old 17th November 2017, 11:35 AM
SpinDr99

Total Posts: 64

I agree Sydney, that would never happen in the real world. In my world, management doesn't give me the opportunity to write NCR's because my hands are shackled!

So I continue to ask myself "What am I doing here?"
  Post Number #16  
Old 9th January 2018, 03:17 PM
TrustAuto1

Total Posts: 7

If you have Leadership as a process, then it must be audited correct? How do you audit this process when your leadership consists of Directors, and Managers and I'm talking more than just a couple. Due interview supervisors as well?

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >