The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

ISO9001:2015 Process Interactions - Page 3

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
interaction of processes (see process interactions), iso 9001:2015, organizational knowledge, process interactions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #17  
Old 12th February 2018, 01:13 PM
Stuart Powell

Total Posts: 4
Re: ISO9001:2015 Process Interactions

Hi MichelleMcR
Your processes are yours...! and it isn't for your CB to dictate this .. it dependes on how you wish to present your processes, work-flow, interactions to your staff, so they can use the QMS as it is intended..to help them work within your own process controls...whatever they may, or need to be..!
Thanks to Stuart Powell for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #18  
Old 12th February 2018, 03:52 PM
Eddie74

Total Posts: 9

Food for thought maybe this may help........
Attached Files: 1. Scan for viruses before opening, 2. Please report any 'bad' files by Reporting this post, 3. Use at your Own Risk.
File Type: pdf annex a.pdf (42.0 KB, 287 views)
Thanks to Eddie74 for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #19  
Old 21st February 2018, 10:10 AM
howste

Total Posts: 5,055

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Eddie74 View Post

Food for thought maybe this may help........
Hi Eddie - I know you weren't asking for a critique of your flow chart, but I have a few comments you might consider in the interest of improvement:

1) The middle column in your flow chart is labeled Process Activity but none of the headers in the column include activities. It looks like the process activities have been put under the Input header. Inputs and process activities are different things. You might consider adding another Process Activities header to list the activities for each process to avoid confusion, then the Inputs header will only have inputs in it.
Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by ISO 9000:2015

process

set of interrelated or interacting activities that use inputs to deliver an intended result
2) In my opinion the real interactions between processes deal with the outputs and inputs. The outputs of each process should be inputs to other processes or to the customer. Similarly, the inputs to each process should be outputs of other processes or the customer. As I look at your flow chart I don't see very many inputs/outputs that line up with each other. For example, (in my opinion) the main output of the Purchasing process is purchased product. Purchased product is one of the main inputs to the Production process.
Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by ISO 9000:2015

Note 2 to entry: Inputs to a process are generally the outputs of other processes and outputs of a process are generally the inputs to other processes.
3) There seems to be a disconnect in some cases with the Measurement and the Reported in MR as metrics. For example the Production Measurement is "Process Performance and Product Conformity, RGA" but it's reported in MR as "On Time Shipments Average Days Late."
  Post Number #20  
Old 21st February 2018, 10:32 AM
Eddie74

Total Posts: 9

Hi howste, Thanks for your comments. I will take all opportunities for improvement into consideration. This Process Lay Out has "survived" numerous API and ISO audits.
Current program is API Q1 and ISO 9001:2015. There is always room for improvement. Thanks for taking the time review and comment.
Eddie74
  Post Number #21  
Old 30th May 2018, 01:27 PM
Crusader

Total Posts: 838
Let Me Help You Re: ISO9001:2015 Process Interactions

I am resurrecting this topic only because I would like to reduce the number of Processes down to an appropriate level and rename the rest to "Support Process"? or ???
Just what is the typical number of processes and what are they?

We have a list of SOP's and a Flow Diagram and a Matrix at the end of our Quality Manual. I'd like to ditch the Flow Diagram 100%. Don't need it.
Don't need the list of SOP's either but it helps with the correlation for the Matrix. Right? (Oh, I hate ISO 9001:2015)

Any input or criticism is appreciated!
LOL!

1, 2, 3, ...GO!
Attached Files: 1. Scan for viruses before opening, 2. Please report any 'bad' files by Reporting this post, 3. Use at your Own Risk.
File Type: pdf MAN-001-Pg13-14.pdf (208.4 KB, 139 views)
  Post Number #22  
Old 14th June 2018, 06:44 AM
Marc

Total Posts: 26,664

A quick "Bump" - TIA to anyone with some response(es) to Crusader's post.
  Post Number #23  
Old 14th June 2018, 11:35 PM
AMIT BALLAL

Total Posts: 249

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Crusader View Post

I am resurrecting this topic only because I would like to reduce the number of Processes down to an appropriate level and rename the rest to "Support Process"? or ???
Just what is the typical number of processes and what are they?

We have a list of SOP's and a Flow Diagram and a Matrix at the end of our Quality Manual. I'd like to ditch the Flow Diagram 100%. Don't need it.
Don't need the list of SOP's either but it helps with the correlation for the Matrix. Right? (Oh, I hate ISO 9001:2015)

Any input or criticism is appreciated!
LOL!

1, 2, 3, ...GO!
There is no standard specifying how many processes there should be and which processes it should include. But the processes you have defined seems more like activities to me rather than process.

Eg. You can combine processes such as Management Review, Internal auditing, Record/Document control, Continuous improvement under one process i.e. QMS

Measurement & calibration, control of non conforming product, Inspection can be clubbed under one process i.e. Quality assurance & control.

TBMK, I would suggest to have processes less than 10. This will best help to manage processes easily. Again this will depend on how your organization works, do what make sense to your organization.
Thanks to AMIT BALLAL for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #24  
Old 15th June 2018, 07:38 AM
AndyN

Total Posts: 9,118
Let Me Help You Re: ISO9001:2015 Process Interactions

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by AMIT BALLAL View Post

There is no standard specifying how many processes there should be and which processes it should include. But the processes you have defined seems more like activities to me rather than process.

Eg. You can combine processes such as Management Review, Internal auditing, Record/Document control, Continuous improvement under one process i.e. QMS

Measurement & calibration, control of non conforming product, Inspection can be clubbed under one process i.e. Quality assurance & control.

TBMK, I would suggest to have processes less than 10. This will best help to manage processes easily. Again this will depend on how your organization works, do what make sense to your organization.
Amit I don't think this is appropriate at all. Pushing things like control of nc outputs with calibration etc isn't going to work. I agree that some of Crusader's processes are activities and not processes, however.

Crusader: Anything inspection and test isn't a process in my experience. They are part of a process, just like review is for document control, for example.

Take a look at your stuff and ask yourself what is the input being changed. Inspection and test doesn't "change" anything. As far as the interaction of processes, I'd simply take a look at the core processes and pack everything around them. For example, does design come before customer inquiry or after? In other words do customer contracts include line items which say "Please design me something to do X, Y and Z"? Or do you design things and then put them for sale, so the customer's order says "I'd like to buy NN"...
Thanks to AndyN for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >