Elsmar Cove Quality DiscussionsContext of the Organization & Interested Parties Evidence - ISO 9001:2015 Cl. 4.1/4.2The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums More Free Files Forum Discussion Thread Post Attachments Listing Cove Discussion Forums Main Page
Context of the Organization & Interested Parties Evidence - ISO 9001:2015 Cl. 4.1/4.2
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
Context of the Organization & Interested Parties Evidence - ISO 9001:2015 Cl. 4.1/4.2
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Context of the Organization & Interested Parties Evidence - ISO 9001:2015 Cl. 4.1/4.2 - Page 5

Elsmar XML RSS Feed
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
context of the organization, evidence, interested parties, iso 9001:2015, records (evidence) and records control, scope (general term)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #33  
Old 14th September 2017, 10:21 AM
Antonio Vieira

Total Posts: 463
Re: Context of the Organization & Interested Parties Evidence - ISO 9001:2015 Cl. 4.1

I'm pretty sure that if on ISO 9001:1987 there were these requirements (4.1 & 4.2), instead of the 1.000.000 certificates that we have today, we would have no more that 10.000, if ISO 9001 would still exits...
Thanks to Antonio Vieira for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #34  
Old 14th September 2017, 12:04 PM
Sidney Vianna

Total Posts: 9,074
Re: Context of the Organization & Interested Parties Evidence - ISO 9001:2015 Cl. 4.1

Antonio, I know what you mean, but, in the case of ISO 9001, the reason for the early surge and successful market penetration of the standard has less to do with the actual requirements and much more with the intended goal of creating a cost-effective confidence-building scheme for the global supply chain.

Now, 30 years after the original release of ISO 9001 and 25 years of history of the accredited management system certification sector, we know two things:

1. ISO 9001 has been hijacked from the original intent of providing assurance to customers of certified organization and conflated with quality management amorphous, subjective, unverifiable stuff.

2. Using the words of Dr. Simon Feary, the (vanilla) accredited certification system has leaked credibility, due to market pressures. So much so that, high risk industries, such as Aerospace, Automotive, Telecommunication, Medical Devices, etc... had to significantly enhance/augment their respective accredited certification schemes, in order to bring confidence back to stakeholders.

The ISO 9001 number of certified organizations has plateaued a few years ago. In some specific markets, it has significantly declined, despite the lack of reliable data in the ISO Survey.

To me, the most concerning thing is the fact that people who are supposed to lead this, continually mis-diagnose the problem and prescribe ineffective solutions.

E la nave va....
Thank You to Sidney Vianna for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Sponsored Links

Post Number #35  
Old 7th November 2017, 09:35 AM
Joe.cmspin

Total Posts: 11
Re: 4.1 & 4.2 - Context of the Organization and Interested Parties, ISO 9001:2015

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by charanjit singh View Post

While we are at it, it is helpful to re-read Annex A3 to the standard, particularly para 2 that clearly states "There is no requirement in this International Standard for the organisation to consider interested parties WHERE IT HAS DECIDED (emphasis is mine) that those parties are not relevant to its quality management system.IT IS FOR THE ORGANISATION TO DECIDE (again emphasis is mine) if a particular requirement of a relevant interested party is relevant to its quality management system.

In effect it means that the organisation can, in its own wisdom decide the issue and that decision cannot be questioned by a CB auditor or be a subject of non-conformity
Forgot to add quote in reply.
Do you think this will hold true for IATF?
  Post Number #36  
Old 14th November 2017, 09:20 AM
charanjit singh

Total Posts: 111

Since IATF 16949 is to be used in conjunction with ISO 9001:2015, I think the clarifications given in Annexure A to ISO 9001:2015 should apply in this case also.
Thanks to charanjit singh for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #37  
Old 11th December 2017, 11:11 AM
MrPhish

Total Posts: 77

I created a simple spreadsheet matrix. Listed all of the IPs down the left (9 total), and all of the clause requirements (i.e. 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, and 4.4) across the top. For each IP, I provided the objective evidence (OE) that would show compliance for each clause number. For example under 4.2.c), I listed the methods used to monitor/review information about each IP listed. Kept the matrix SIMPLE (not too many OE items per IP). Collected all of the OE cited for each IP and hyperlinked the document, e-mail, picture, etc. to each clause requirement, so I could quickly show the auditor how each IP was compliant and being tracked. Registrar passed me on my Transition Audit, so this is my method moving forward. Turns out to be a great training aid for employees too, so they understand the concept of IPs.
Thank You to MrPhish for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #38  
Old 11th December 2017, 12:08 PM
Marc

Total Posts: 26,191

Sounds good. Care to share with us?
Thanks to Marc for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #39  
Old 12th December 2017, 06:58 AM
MrPhish

Total Posts: 77

Not a problem to share. Just let me clean up some of the "Company specific" text and I'll post a file.
  Post Number #40  
Old 15th January 2018, 01:45 AM
qualprod

Total Posts: 18

Hi mrphish
Could you share the spreadsheet matrix for context?
Thanks

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >