Validation protocol for a crimped contact on a stranded wire

R

Rick St

Does anyone have an example of a validation protocol for a crimped contact (one that is crimped to a stranded wire??

Last edited by a moderator:

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Validation protocol for a crimped contact

Does anyone have an example of a validation protocol for a crimped contact (one that is crimped to a stranded wire??

Rick St - I clarified the title to make it easier for searches and to jump out at people with significant validation experience.

R

Rick St

Re: Validation protocol for a crimped contact

These generally just recommend standard QA process controls (crimp height/tensile test/visual crimp attributes). What I need is an "OQ" and "PQ" protocol that defines sample size, methodology, etc. for the validation.

My thought at this point is to make it an attribute test with crimp height and tensile requirements. Essentially, we would have to run and OQ of a certain sample size at the upper and lower crimp height specs and use a minimum tensile strength as the pass/fail definition. I realize that both crimp height and tensile are variables data, but I would prefer not to have to deal with the assumtion of normal distribution for both of these. Making it an attribute type test allows me to define sample size based upon confidence limits and the number of defects allowed (we would use 0).

Top Bottom