How to Control and 'Monitor' External Documents (Documents of External Origin)?

K

kctrinh

Hi All,

Our company just has an annual assessment by a third party. He asked me how I can control external document and he gave an example as ISO 9001:2000 standard, which we happen to have a copy. His concern is that what if the standard changes then how do I make sure that we have the latest update? Since we certified with UL, I figured that if there is any changes then they will let me know and I will purchase an updated version. Does anyone have any though on this?

:thanx:

Khanh

AndyN

Moved On
Re: How to Control External Documents (Documents of External Origin)?

I'd suggest that you do a search of the posts here, since this is a well discussed topic. BTW - UL or any other registrar isn't responsible for telling you if the standard changes! Registrars might do it, indeed we have a conference for our customers to do just that, but to rely on them is not their role.

There are updating services whose job is to provide you with that service, if you provide a list of all external documents you use.:agree1:

BTW - if this was an annual assessment, why didn't you have something in place before now? And wasn't it audited at the registration?:rolleyes:

Just being Mr. Obvious......sorry!:notme:

Top Bottom