The standard for temperature range to be controlled - ISO 17025 Inspection Laboratory

G

GregC

What is the standard for temperature range to be controlled in a ISO 17025 Inspection Lab. We Certify Automotive Check Fixtures:thanks:

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource
If there is an automotive standard for that which defines the parameters, then that will provide details. Otherwise I may suggest a similar environment to an electronic calibration lab.....23 +/-3 C, 40 +/- 5% RH.

Hershal

K

Ken K

These are the requirements for test lab conditions.

GM - 21 +/-2C 50 +/- 5% RH

Ford - 23 +/-2C 50 +/- 5% RH

DCX - None Listed

Toyota - 20 +/-2C 65 +/- 5% RH

Hope this helps.

G

GregC

Thanks, This does help. It appears there is no set mean temp, but there is a +/-2C parameter. I guess it's who you are building for.:lol:

W

W. de Jong

Influence of dT

We examined the influence of the dT within extremes of our daily temp. range. Then we put it in our uncertainty budget. In our case the influence was very small in relation to our certified uncertainy (±0,5% rel). If possible i'd try that option as well. If its a risk factor then control the ambient temp.

BR

G

Grizz1345

Lab Controls

According to ANSI/ASME B1.2-1983 2.4 Temperature 2.4.1 states A temperature of 68 degrees F(20C) is the standard temperature used internationally for linear measurements. Nominal dimensions of gages and product as specified and actual dimensions as measured shall be within specified limits at this temperature. For screw thread gaging, the acceptable tolerance on the standard temperature is ±2F (±1C). Hope this helps. Merry Christmas to all :cool:

Top Bottom