Is there a Specification for safety wire installation - Aerospace, SAE or otherwise

RCW

Quite Involved in Discussions
Does anybody know if there is an aerospace spec, SAE or otherwise, for the installation of safety wire? We tie down a connector jam nut for a device we manufacture but I cannot justify the method we use.

A

andygr

Re: Spec for safety wire installation

Give NASM 33540 a try.
Many folks write their own internal doc.It can allways get intresting when there is a differance of opinion on what is the "right" criteria to use. The approved design data allways wins so for us our TSO data is the law.
:2cents:

Randy

Super Moderator
Re: Is there a Specification for safety wire installation - Aerospace, SAE or otherwi

Take a look at the attached. I'm on the road and don't have access to my mechanics manuals, but I'm an A&P and lockwire can look like what I have here.

Attachments

• The Use of Lock Wire.doc
    47.5 KB · Views: 977
C

cmark74

Give NASM 33540 a try.
Many folks write their own internal doc.It can allways get intresting when there is a differance of opinion on what is the "right" criteria to use. The approved design data allways wins so for us our TSO data is the law.
:2cents:

Does anyone have the NASM33540 standard in pdf format? I would appreciate if you can attach it here or contact me.
Thank you.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Does anyone have the NASM33540 standard in pdf format? I would appreciate if you can attach it here or contact me.
Thank you.

The Standard can be purchased here. Copyrighted documents can not be requested on The Cove Forums.

Hope this helps.

Stijloor, Forum Moderator.

C

cmark74

Understood. Thank you Mr Stijloor.

AEOS_QA

Involved In Discussions
Re: Is there a Specification for safety wire installation - Aerospace, SAE or otherwi

Try to google FAA advisory circular AC 43.13-1B Chapter 7. The complete hard-copy volume "Acceptable methods, techniques, and practices — aircraft inspection and repair". Individual chapters are usually available for download.

C

cmark74

Try to google FAA advisory circular AC 43.13-1B Chapter 7. The complete hard-copy volume "Acceptable methods, techniques, and practices — aircraft inspection and repair". Individual chapters are usually available for download.

Thank you Mr AEOS_QA for the recommendation of the FAA advisory circular AC 43.13-1B Chapter 7. Very useful indeed.

Top Bottom