EN 10204 3.1B Material Certification and Identification

N

noboost4you

A customer of ours is requesting material certified by the EN 10204 3.1B standard. They are also asking for identification. They are only looking for a material ceritifcation correct? Or do they expect our parts to be stamped/identified with EN 10204 3.1B somewhere? Our customer is based out of Europe, hence the request.

I'm not too familiar with the material standard, but nothing needs to be stamped on the material, does it?

Has anyone ever had to deal with this material standard?

Thanks

gard2372

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: EN 10204 3.1B Certification and Identification

A customer of ours is requesting material certified by the EN 10204 3.1B standard. They are also asking for identification. They are only looking for a material ceritifcation correct? Or do they expect our parts to be stamped/identified with EN 10204 3.1B somewhere? Our customer is based out of Europe, hence the request.

I'm not too familiar with the material standard, but nothing needs to be stamped on the material, does it?

Has anyone ever had to deal with this material standard?

Thanks

Your european customer is asking for your test reports for your the product you're supplying. I used to work for a european OEM here in the U.S. and had to flowe down the Euro requirements. More often thant not the US standards were more than adequate. You just have to review the documents and fill the gaps in your reporting.

example at

http://www.andrewsfasteners.co.uk/quality.htm

Also, as the supplier you have every right to request the specifications from the cutomer especially since they are doing business globally, they should also have an equivalent matrix of international standards. Propose the US standard you will provide them and they'll probably accept. I know I did.

Please also read the thread from 2004

EN 10204 Clause 3.1B - Definition, Summary and Form

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator

Inspection certificate type 3.1B is obsolete in the current rev of EN 10204.
It's just Type 3.1 now.

here's a summary http://www.qualitytimes.co.in/bs_en_iso_10204_2004.htm

Either way - you dont' stamp the part.
Type 3.1 Inspection Certificate is a cert that says you did specific inspection to a particular standard. It's not a C of C and it's not a D of C.

For your product this is a standard your company should have if you're going to sell in EU.
Tell you boss you really need to buy it.

N

noboost4you

Ok, thanks. That's what I thought as well. Didn't make any sense to stamp a part because of a material standard. And I think our Purchasing department is working on buying that standard as we speak. :)

Thanks for the quick clarification.

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
noboost - here's a powerpoint I created for training people in my company.
It also has the PED correspondence chart included.

anyone - feel free to let me know if I should add or change anything.

Edit: See a few posts down this thread for a working link to the document

Last edited:
N

noboost4you

An Invalid Attachment is specified in the link you clicked on. The thread or post has probably been merged with another thread. Please try a Search or PM the forum Moderator or Marc (or notify the Elsmar Cove Forum Administrator) if you need help.

;)

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
An Invalid Attachment is specified in the link you clicked on. The thread or post has probably been merged with another thread. Please try a Search or PM the forum Moderator or Marc (or notify the Elsmar Cove Forum Administrator) if you need help.

;)

D'Oh. Let me try to reattach.

Attachments

• BS EN 10204.ppt
    149 KB · Views: 1,854
Top Bottom