Some Options for Risk Based Auditing

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Problem solving can be logically and logistically challenging, especially when involving different departments.

As an alternative, risk based analysis can add objectivity and transparency to the auditor’s decision making process, building a foundation for effective root cause definition and corrective action. This short paper offers some options and tools for risk based audit analysis and performance reporting.

Attachments

• Risk based auditing.doc
    109 KB · Views: 1,865

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Problem solving can be logically and logistically challenging, especially when involving different departments.

As an alternative, risk based analysis can add objectivity and transparency to the auditor’s decision making process, building a foundation for effective root cause definition and corrective action. This short paper offers some options and tools for risk based audit analysis and performance reporting.

Hi Jennifer,

Great paper :applause:

Jen Kirley

Leader
Admin
Hi everybody,

I've been asked to give some more information on how to assign risk levels in the audit reporting spreadsheets that Crusader and I attached.

So here is a one-page guideline. Let's keep in mind it is only a guideline, and I am not a RAB certified auditor. Post specific questions in the Cove for better insight than I can provide alone.

I hope this helps!

Attachments

• Risk based auditing definitions.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,053
C

curryassassin

Jennifer,
I am just reviewing my audit process, so this info is SO useful.
Thank you.

Jen Kirley

Leader
Admin
Jennifer,
I am just reviewing my audit process, so this info is SO useful.
Thank you.
You're welcome. This job can feel so subjective, and it can be very hard to describe to non-QA folks what these risks mean so auditees will not feel hocus-pocused. Maybe this sort of thing would help.

C

Chance

Jen,

How do you come up with your raw data used in the chart "Audit Scores by Department"?

Jen Kirley

Leader
Admin
Jen,

How do you come up with your raw data used in the chart "Audit Scores by Department"?
Did you see the spreadsheet attachment in post #8 in this thread? The chart is automatically generated given hypothetical data. Please tell me if you want some scenario examples of what data would be represented with the numbers shown.

Top Bottom