Revision of Company Quality Policy Logo

I

ivalerio

Dear folks,

just want to get your insight again!! Actually I'm planning to make a minor change in the logo of our Quality Policy. Change will not be on the logo but on the name appearing after the logo to represent other offices and subsidiaries of the company. My question is do i still need to update / change the Quality Policy rev. number out of this very minor amended or cannot consider this as a change in the first place that warrants an update in the document revision number.

thanks a lot.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Dear folks,

just want to get your insight again!! Actually I'm planning to make a minor change in the logo of our Quality Policy. Change will not be on the logo but on the name appearing after the logo to represent other offices and subsidiaries of the company. My question is do i still need to update / change the Quality Policy rev. number out of this very minor amended or cannot consider this as a change in the first place that warrants an update in the document revision number.

thanks a lot.

There is no requirement for the policy to be written down, let alone controlled. If you think that uniformity is important with regard to what's being displayed and you want everyone to be using the same version, revision control is probably appropriate.

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
Dear folks,

thanks a lot.

ivalerio,

Are you meaning "logo of our Quality Policy"? Or company logo on the document that carries the policy statement? :confused:

Updating the company logo does not change the policy statement itself even when the two are shown together.

In fact you are dealing with two documents and only one of them (the documented information known as a policy statement) is under revision control per 4.2.3.

The other document is the logo and its supporting medium.

Therefore you could update the logo without upping the revision on the documented policy statement itself to maintain conformity with 4.2.1a and 4.2.3b.

But, some marketing departments are very protective their logos (brand management) and may not appreciate unauthorized changes to the company logo even if it is used internally as a "policy logo".

John

Top Bottom