Application of RASI (Responsibility, Authority, Support, Information) Chart

G

Gyanveer

Hi
We are ancillary to Tata Motors and recently they have introduced the concept of interactive APQP (which honestly did not exist earlier)
In this context we have to submit RASI charts, however I am a bit confused on its scope and extent.
Is this chart to cover ALL activities of the company or only those related to production and quality control ?

Can someone please clear this to me ?

Thanks in advance !!!:)

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Hi
We are ancillary to Tata Motors and recently they have introduced the concept of interactive APQP (which honestly did not exist earlier)
In this context we have to submit RASI charts, however I am a bit confused on its scope and extent.
Is this chart to cover ALL activities of the company or only those related to production and quality control ?

Can someone please clear this to me ?

Thanks in advance !!!:)

APQP is done in multidisciplinary approach , so that we can say alll the processes of an organization are involved when you introduce a new product.
APQP is a method for the product realization planning. I do not understand what you have to do with RASI.

T

t.PoN

RASI is a tool. the extent to which you want to apply it is up to you.
if it ease your work, why not use it in anything?
if its difficult to apply (can't see how) then drop it and use another tool.

there is nothing force you to use it. if its helpful use it.

don't get stuck in the format you learned, you can modify it to help you. drop the S if you want. or change it DACI.

The RACI is just communication matrix. so customize it to your own good

we once use it when we wanted to create a software to manage our work, the IT guys loved it and are using it since then

Peter Fraser

Trusted Information Resource
A couple of points to bear in mind:
i) some people use RASI (RACI / RASCI) at a high level to identify functional / departmental roles, whereas we use it to define role involvement in specific tasks with in each process.

ii) definitions of Responsibility, Authority, Accountability can be confusing and contradictory - see attached...

Attachments

• ExplanationofOurApproach toRACI.pdf
    92.4 KB · Views: 495
G

Gyanveer

Even I dont understand this concept however the customer is always right so basically they are asking for the RASI chart in a new concept called Tech Review Sign Off where in they are doing APQP along with other analysis, for us its new so the confusion but thanks anyways

Top Bottom