Help with API 6A Certification and API 6A Documentation

V

vk20000

Hi,

Can any body guide me for API 6A certification.

Weather is it like ISO 9001 or requirments are more stringent ?

B

bluepagen

Certification is going to come in the form of ISO 9001 Standard or API Q1 8th edition Specification or ISO TS29001 (technical standard).

Certification means your quality system meets the requirements of one of these stated specs or standards. You work with an outside registrar to obtain certification for your quality system.

API Spec 6A has requirements for the product itself. API 6A Certification is going to require that you manufacture your product to the requirements of API (Specification) 6A. You can apply for a license to apply the API Stamp to the product.

If you have the quality system requirements down pact, then compare your system to the supplemental requirements found in API Q1. Next step is to review 6A to see if you are meeting the requirements for the manufacture of products to which this spec applies.

API has some very good liturature to help with the process of getting a license. Do not be afraid to ask them.

V

vk20000

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

We have already submitted spec Q1 manual for approval and manual approvedby API. Now we are preparing design package which is some what difficult from my view.

You have any guide line for preparation of design package.

B

basmindo

Me too, have a same issue for design package.. can any one helps:yes:

J

jbeckproe

if you search the forum, I provided a list of documents required for design file. If needed please send me a private message.

Top Bottom