Subcontractor Audit - How to audit a subcontractor

Raffy

Quite Involved in Discussions
:(
Had a problem, my MR give me some task on how I am gonna audit a subcontractor. :confused: I haven't audit yet :eek:. Can somebody give me some tips or hints how I would conduct a supplier audit? Is it the same with Internal Quality Audit? What is their difference? :confused:

:bigwave:

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Raffy

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
There is an excellent supplier evaluation form in the Members and Premium directories. Disk file name is Supplier_Audit_Form.xls

You fill in the blanks and all the calculations are done for you. It's a nice spreadsheet.

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
Most that I have seen are set up like internal audits. However, make sure you add to it. Ask yourself and your team what am I expecting from this subcontractor and are they able to deliver. Then develop your questions to find out if they can. Several people should be involved in the development of these questions(eg.accounting,purchasing,quality,engineering,etc.).

Last edited:

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
Ask yourself and your team what am I expecting from this subcontractor and are they able to deliver

This is the most important part of the preperation and you must be prepared very well to save you and your company embarrasment.
I focus on several aspects:
Contract and pre contract review is vital, this is a stage that has a direct impact on you. Do they really check the feasability of what they are quoting, do they really understand the demands.
Process audit, follow the process do not waste time looking for documents without signatures, some one else does this. What is important is the "spirit of the supplier" from your point of view.
Here is an example of a supplier audit plan:
8.30 - Opening meeting, presentation of Supplier and customer.
9.00-9.30 Short tour of plant.
9.30-10.00 RFQ and Contract review including treatment of orders of production approved parts.
10.00-11.00 APQP, FMEA and PPAP.
11.00-11.30 Continual Improvement, Customer satisfaction,
11.30-12.30 Purchasing, supplier evaluation and development.
Lunch
13.30-15.30 Audit of process from reception of materials to shipment.
15.30-16.30 Measurement, Gauge R&R, comparison of measuring abilities.
16.30-17.00 Organisation of findings.
17.00-17.30 Closing meeting.

This enables you to cover all the aspects that are really important to you.

D

druester

Re: Subcontractor Audit - How I am gonna audit a subcontractor?

Mark: How do I get to the Members and Premium directories? I would like to take a look at the Supplier Evaluation sheet you recommended. Thank You!

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Subcontractor Audit - How I am gonna audit a subcontractor?

Mark: How do I get to the Members and Premium directories? I would like to take a look at the Supplier Evaluation sheet you recommended. Thank You!

Welcome to The Cove Forums!

Look at this post from Marc + attachment.

Stijloor.

Top Bottom