General Motors GP-10 Standard

J

jobmania

I have been accessed gmsupplypower to get this procedure but right now I'm not quite sure whether it's still available.

I really appreciate if anybody can give me
soft copy of this.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I think all the 'old' GM GPs were incorporated into what, last I heasrd, GM was calling GM-9000. Sorry - I don't have a copy.

A

Al Dyer

Try doing a search on the site (GM) with the topic GM-9000 Reference Documents. I beleieve the site is being updated at the moment so all documents might not be currently available.

If not I can send you a copy next week.

ASD...

J

J.R. Strickland

All of GM's current GP documents are on the gmsupplypower website. Unfortunately, unless you have a password, you will not be able to access them. They used to be on the public area of the site, but have since been moved to the secure area of the site. They are under the "Quality Power - Library - Supplier Quality" area. If you don't have access, there are instructions there on how to get one.

W

whs

"If you don't have access, there are instructions there on how to get one."

can anyone get a password?

A

Al Dyer

I have a copy of all of the individual "GP" documents. These were downloaded when the GM site had them publically posted. Send me an e-mail and I will forward you a copy. They are in .doc format.

ASD...

A

Al Dyer

Laura,

Yes, they would need to be part of a verification program (GM requires yearly verification) but you can use the Global Engineering web site or Boise Cascade to verify the latest edition and they are free with no passwords required.

As an aside, I didn't know that anyone is still using GP-10, I usually find people using Guide-25 or the new ISO-17025.

If a company is QS-9000 certified they do not need to follow GP-10.

ASD...

J

J.R. Strickland

I searched the www.gmsupplypower.com website and the GP-10 procedure is still on there with a revision date in 1990. I would agree with Al that it is probably not applicable if you are QS-9000 registered. One place you might check is your RFQ package for the product you are shipping or the GM SOR/SOW to see if it is referenced anywhere.

As for the question "can anyone get a password?" from whs...I would assume you have to be a supplier to GM. Each supplier is required to have a designated security administrator. I went through our security adminstrator to get my password. Again, I believe the website contains instructions on how to get an account and establish a company security administrator if you don't already have one.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
-> it is probably not applicable if you are QS-9000
-> registered.

I thought GM9000 was a requirement in addition to QS-9000 requirements.

Top Bottom