ISO 22000 Implementation in Chicken Product Mfg - is 'Glass Policy' necessary?

K

kimpc82

hello... i have a question about iso 22000 implementation. my company is doing chicken product manufacturing. during main assessment for iso 22000 certification, the auditor from certification body commented we did not brief or train our operators about glass policy. is it necessary cause we have more than 300 operators?! or any other solution???

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Glass Policy - Question about ISO 22000 Implementation - Chicken Product Mfg

If you are bottling your product into glass containers and if this process is part of the critical control points (which usually is), then in my opinion, glass policy is necessary.

Welcome to the forum.

G

guy974

Regarding to your lamps, windows,... (in fact all pieces of glass and plastic) in all your product area, it's necessary to manage the risk : Broken parts can be a serious risk for food.

To manage this risk you have to know all locations of your glass and do a monitoring of glass frequently and training operator (glass policy) for intervention if broken.

Best is don't have glass when possible.

K

kimpc82

thanks guy.

but, all the lamp in production area are covered. except lamp, there is no possibility for glass to be found in production area. moreover, we have a procedure whereby all preventive maintenance and repair are not allowed to conduct during processing. so, we still need to train/brief our operators regarding glass policy (what they should do if lamp in production area is broken) ?????

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Good responses so far.

At issue is likely a preventive measure from broken glass finding its way into food products. See this site for guidance on a glass policy. You can decide what training is appropriate for which personnel, depending on their duties, but all should know the basics.

G

guy974

I think, basically, it's important that anybody don't take any glass inside product area (forbidden to take glass, example an bottle to drink,...except for eyes glass if it's safety fixed on head...).

If you have broken glass on product area, operator must do immediately action: signalization, don't walk on it,...prevent chief....

Best Regards

Top Bottom