Standard/Specification suitable for an industrial cafeteria?

C

Charles Corn

Hi all,

I will be doing an ISO 9000 audit of our plant, and within the scope I will be also looking at the onsite cafeteria. Is there a special standard/specification that is normally expected for an industrial cafeteria (serving 5000+ associates/daily)?

Thanks!

Charlie

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Charles Corn said:
Hi all,

I will be doing an ISO 9000 audit of our plant, and within the scope I will be also looking at the onsite cafeteria. Is there a special standard/specification that is normally expected for an industrial cafeteria (serving 5000+ associates/daily)?

Thanks!

Charlie
If the cafeteria is covered in the scope of your quality system, there should be documentation in place already. Presumably, the requirements would address conformance to such things as your local health department's code, other regulatory issues and qualifications for workers.

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
Charles Corn said:
Hi all,

Thanks!

Charlie
I don't think the plant cafeteria falls within the scope of your ISO 9001 registration. As far as a standard, I think you should be looking at local or state ordinances for food safety. Here are the regulations in South Carolina.

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Al Rosen said:
I think you should be looking at local or state ordinances for food safety.
Doesn't the health department or whoever come in there just like restaurants? My sister works at a 5,000+ B3 stamping plant and they don't include the cafeteria in the Internal Audits.

Top Bottom