Interesting lady I met today

Randy

Super Moderator
Today I met one of the most intersting people I've had the pleasure to run into in years.

At my hotel and then at the airport in Killeen I got to talk with a lady named Beverly Raposa. Why is Beverly Raposa interesting? Because 40 years ago she was a flight attendant for Eastern Airlines on Flight 401 which crashed into the Everglades outside Miami. She was 25 the night of the crash and is 66 no...w, I've attached a recent photo. (Beverly is in the center and the other 2 ladies were also flight attendants on that flight) She was the most upbeat, full of life person I have talked to in my travels in quite a while. Here's a piece about Flight 401.

Eastern Air Lines Flight 401 was a Lockheed L-1011 Tristar 1 jet that crashed into the Florida Everglades on the night of December 29, 1972, causing 101 fatalities (77 initial crash survivors, two died shortly afterward).

Anyway, I thought it interesting

Attachments

• Beverly Raposa.jpg
    Beverly Raposa.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 202

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
At the airport near Ft. Hood? Are you being called back into service now that you are newly svelte?;)

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource
I remember that crash from the news. The glades sucked the plane down quickly.

Randy

Super Moderator
She said that the investigation showed that the glades absorbed a great deal of the energy from the impact and that's why so many survived

Top Bottom