The Elsmar Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums More Free Files Forum Discussion Thread Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to ProblemsElsmar Cove Discussion Forums Main Page
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences

Search the Elsmar Cove
Search Elsmar
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Sponsor Links

Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality
Single Post View
  Post Number #41  
Old 11th January 2007, 12:47 PM
Icy Mountain

Total Posts: 890
External Audits, Football, Coffee and Blood Pressure

We just finished Periodic Audit #3 by DNV. Before I post the results I have some humor:
The first day of the audit (Tuesday), I had to leave my auditor with my boss while I went through a "Health and Wellness" screening, one of our insurance company's way of finding issues early in order to hold down costs.

Part of the screening included a blood pressure check and mine was 138/80. The current guidelines put anything between 130 and 140 as "pre-hypertensive" so you get urged to see your doctor for preventive action. I pulled out my Red Cross card and pointed out that over the last 12 months, I have 6 blood pressure data points from screenings before a blood donation with an average of 120/78, 114/74 min and 130/80 max (ever the quality engineer).
Nurse: Icy, what would you say is causing today's reading?
Icy: Let's see, I stayed up until 2AM last night eating chips, drinking beer and watching my beloved Buckeyes get creamed in the Championship. I got up at 6AM and I have had 3 cups of coffee instead of the usual one so I could be alert since I am in the middle of an ISO/TS external audit. AND, right now the auditor is talking to my boss and I am not there to make sure that doesn't go into the weeds.
Nurse: Well, considering all of that, I'd say you handle stress in your life pretty well.

Sponsored Links

The time now is 11:04 PM. All times are GMT -4.
Your time zone can be changed in your UserCP --> Options.

Marc Timothy Smith - Elsmar.com
8466 LeSourdsville-West Chester Road, Olde West Chester, Ohio 45069-1929
513 341-6272
NOTE: This forum uses "cookies".