Classifying Characteristics

O

omolina

Hi, my name is Ovidio and I work for a steel company in México. One of our customers has designated some product characteristics as Security Characteristics in his specifications. We know that we have to identify them in our fmea's, control plan´s and such stuff but what additional treatement is needed for security characteristis (if any) besides documentative and statistical (cpk's) ?

Thanks.

OMC

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I have never heard of a 'security' characteristic. In the automotive world each company has many 'characteristic' definitions - safety, critical, important, significant, etc., etc. (see the APQP and FMEA files in the pdf files directory for many of the Ford, GM and Chrysler's definitions).

I would think the documentative and statistical (cpk's) would do it. Why not simply ask your customer to specifically state their expectations?

O

omolina

Sorry, I did a wrong translation. In spanish we just have one word to mean Security, Safety, but I'm refering to safety characteristics.

Well, once I've clarified my question any other comments ?

Thanks, OMC

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
As long as they are identified on your control plan and FMEA I believe you're covered. Of course, your control plan has to have a control for the characteristic.

Top Bottom