Welcome to Everyone! Changing from WWWBoard to UltimateBBS - 26 June 1998

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I hope you all don't throw stones at me for switching Forum Software, but this software seemed to have some nice features. The old forum is still up, and will remain up, for searches and general info. Hopefully all the features will work - and I can't wait until the search function is implemented!

Let me know your thoughts!

A

Andrew Bienhaus

Lookin' good Marc!

If you implement a search engine on the site itself, it will actually search through all of the messages in the UBB. As of a recent version, the messages are all stored in HTML, so they can be easily indexed...

Like I said before, we used to use the WWWBoard too, until one afternoon when we found the UBB... bought it the very same day. smile.gif

Attachments

• smile.gif
    smile.gif
    93 bytes · Views: 951
  • smile.gif
    smile.gif
    93 bytes · Views: 452
  • smile.gif
    smile.gif
    93 bytes · Views: 383
A

Andrew Bienhaus

Also, keep an eye on the prime-web site, as the author tends to release new versions every 2 weeks to a month on average.

Marc

Leader
Like I told you, we'll see how many people go into shock about this new board. You know how it is - lots of threads already going on, it's hard to leave your favourite pillow (or rubber ducky), and such.

As I said in my e-mail, I'm looking for a search engine cgi for the site - hopefully find one soon.

one thing I did *not* like about webbbs is how slow it was to respond. Hopefully this cgi will be faster.....

H

how

I hope that your new software will continue to give us all the best service that we could receive.
All the best

Howard

Marc

Leader
Howard:

I sure hope the software switch doesn't dampen the enthusiasm we've seen as of late. I know it will be a bit confusing at first.

S

Steven Sulkin

Great format Marc! I especially like the fact that you can see the original message and reply text on one screen.

In response to your comment about the rubber ducks, I hope that any users will repost to keep the momentum going.

S

Scott Knutson

Marc -
Love the new format. I really like how everything is right there in front of you.

Marc

Leader
I was going to close the old forum completely to new posts but decided to leave it open for a while. I know it can feel strange to be going along nicely and all of a sudden log-on and everything is gone or changed. So - I'm sure the migration will happen. We'll get some good discussions going here. I'll close the other forum to posts in a week or two.

Thanks for the good words!

S

Steven Sulkin

Marc I did have one thought. It is harder to post because of the size of the text window. I appreciate the scroll bar, but the ability to view more of my message will help me to edit. Thanks

Top Bottom