4.11.2 Accredited Labs

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Subject: QS9000 Rev 3 Help
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 15:57:00 -0500 (EST)
To: [email protected]

Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 12:48:39 -0500
To: Greg Gogates <[email protected]>
Subject: QS9000 Rev 3 Help

G25 Group,

The extra "guidance" that the AIAG provided on their web page (and you have a link to) embellishes on the original requirement, but does little to help Tier 1 suppliers unless they are willing to move to Europe.

Other members of this group have been keeping in touch with the AIAG and Plexus Corp. According to a Mr. Oddis of AIAG, a letter is being generated to delay the requirements of 4.11.2 (accredited labs) for some period. This was the word as of 11:15 EST, 7 Jan 99.

I know this doesn't help the QS9000 suppliers that needed an answer months ago, but there still appears to be some help in the works.

We'll all get to where metrology should be, sooner or later. Keep the faith.

--
Jack Gale, ASQ-CQE
ESSCO Calibration Lab
(800) 325 - 2201
[email protected]

B

Bryon C Simmons

Yes, it does seem that they "jumped the gun" on this one a little bit, since there are only a handful of accredited labs around.....the accredited labs gotta be happy, though...look at the increase in business they are experiencing......

It would make sense for the requirement to be lessened a bit.....make life a bit easier. I dont see the need to have the bulk of my gages (scales, micrometers, etc) calibrated by a high-powered accredited facility, when all they are doing is weighing parts for shipping...it seems to be overkill.

Thoughts, anyone?

Top Bottom