The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Medical Devices, Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics > Medical Device Related Standards > ISO 13485 and ISO 14969 - Medical Devices - Quality Management Systems
Forum Username

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Sponsor Links

Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
Old 12th March 2008, 10:07 AM
Tiffany

Registration Date: Dec 2005

Thanks Given to Others: 48
Karma Power: 43
Tiffany has less than 100 Karma points so far.
Please Help! Biocompatibility Testing for Implantable Medical Devices according to ISO 10993

Hi all,

I have queries on the type of biocompatibility testing according to ISO 10993 series should be carried out for implantable medical devices.(implant > 30 days)

This queries generated where I have different type of biocompatibility testings which recommended by two different testing lab.

Could any experts here to help me up for this queries??

Thanks.

BRegards,
Tiff

Sponsored Links
Old 12th March 2008, 11:09 AM
Addicted to standards

Registration Date: Mar 2006

Thanks Given to Others: 316
Thanked 1,633 Times in 875 Posts
Karma Power: 276
Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Send a message via ICQ to Marcelo Antunes Send a message via MSN to Marcelo Antunes Send a message via Skype™ to Marcelo Antunes
Re: Biocompatibility Testing

If there´s differences between testing labs, how about you contact your notified body (or equivalent)?

I'm a moderator on the medical device forums, so if you need help with something, feel free to ask!
Sponsored Links

Old 12th March 2008, 12:07 PM
Appreciated Member

Registration Date: Sep 2005

Thanks Given to Others: 45
Karma Power: 98
Roland Cooke is appreciated, and has over 1300 Karma points.Roland Cooke is appreciated, and has over 1300 Karma points.Roland Cooke is appreciated, and has over 1300 Karma points.Roland Cooke is appreciated, and has over 1300 Karma points.Roland Cooke is appreciated, and has over 1300 Karma points.Roland Cooke is appreciated, and has over 1300 Karma points.Roland Cooke is appreciated, and has over 1300 Karma points.Roland Cooke is appreciated, and has over 1300 Karma points.Roland Cooke is appreciated, and has over 1300 Karma points.Roland Cooke is appreciated, and has over 1300 Karma points.

IIRC it also makes a difference where in the body the device will be implanted.

I work for SGS Notified Body 0120. I generally post in a private capacity.
Old 12th March 2008, 12:18 PM
Shy Poster (1 to 5 Posts)

Registration Date: Feb 2008

Thanks Given to Others: 1
Karma Power: 26
EColby has less than 100 Karma points so far.

I am unable to submit a link in this response (apparently because I am new to posting). So I suggest going to the FDA website and looking up "Required Biocompatibility Training and Toxicology Profiles for Evaluation of Medical Devices" G95-1. Be sure to click on the links for Table 1 and 2. I found those tables helpful.
Thank You to EColby for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 12th March 2008, 09:14 PM
Forum Administrator

Registration Date: Dec 2005

Thanks Given to Others: 1,696
Thanked 2,573 Times in 1,626 Posts
Karma Power: 400
Ajit Basrur is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Ajit Basrur is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Ajit Basrur is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Ajit Basrur is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Ajit Basrur is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Ajit Basrur is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Ajit Basrur is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by EColby View Post

I am unable to submit a link in this response (apparently because I am new to posting). So I suggest going to the FDA website and looking up "Required Biocompatibility Training and Toxicology Profiles for Evaluation of Medical Devices" G95-1. Be sure to click on the links for Table 1 and 2. I found those tables helpful.
Welcome to the Cove and thanks for providing valuable link

This is the link that Ecolby referred - Required Biocompatibility Training and Toxicology Profiles for Evaluation of Medical Devices May 1, 1995 (G95-1)

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you haveMaya Angelou
Thanks to Ajit Basrur for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Medical Devices, Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics > Medical Device Related Standards > ISO 13485 and ISO 14969 - Medical Devices - Quality Management Systems

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?