The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Manufacturing, Service, and Business Systems Processes > Service Industry Specific Topics
Forum Username

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Sponsor Links

Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access

Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
china, iso 9001 - quality management systems, procedures (general), customer requirements

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
Old 4th January 2011, 09:02 PM
Involved in Discussions

Registration Date: Jan 2011

Thanks Given to Others: 4
Karma Power: 18
StMichael has less than 100 Karma points so far.
Re: What if the Customers Insist on Service that Breaks the Established Procedures?

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Jennifer Kirley View Post

However, when it comes down to managing behavior (and some customers can "learn" there's no consequence to their behavior and keep it up) a fee might help. But it should be undertaken carefully, in case they have choices of who to buy from.
I must be the envy of many in the service industry, as I have a "captive" customer. The school does not really have a choice, since the Board prefers to let the money move from the left pocket to the right pocket, instead of flowing out to another service provider.

Anyone can tell me where I can look for to get a signature function? I have it in other forums, but not this one!

Sponsored Links
Old 4th January 2011, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

Registration Date: Sep 2005

Thanks Given to Others: 1,501
Thanked 2,978 Times in 2,066 Posts
Karma Power: 701
harry is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.harry is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
harry is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.harry is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.harry is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.harry is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.harry is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.harry is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.harry is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Re: What if the Customers Insist on Service that Breaks the Established Procedures?

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by StMichael View Post

......................... Anyone can tell me where I can look for to get a signature function? ....................
Signature - Personal Signatures that show at the bottom of my posts
Thanks to harry for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Sponsored Links

Old 4th January 2011, 10:45 PM
Involved in Discussions

Registration Date: Jan 2011

Thanks Given to Others: 4
Karma Power: 18
StMichael has less than 100 Karma points so far.

I managed to get the signature function. I suspect one needs to post quite a bit to get that function, as a "perk"!

...in the service business since 1988, and in China since 2004!
Old 7th January 2011, 08:51 PM
Consultant / Auditor

Registration Date: Feb 2006

Thanks Given to Others: 1,399
Thanked 1,773 Times in 1,155 Posts
Karma Power: 409
JaneB is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.JaneB is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.JaneB is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
JaneB is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.JaneB is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.JaneB is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.JaneB is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.JaneB is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.JaneB is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.JaneB is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.JaneB is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.JaneB is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.JaneB is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.JaneB is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.JaneB is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.JaneB is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.JaneB is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.JaneB is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by StMichael View Post

I managed to get the signature function. I suspect one needs to post quite a bit to get that function, as a "perk"!
No. Just stay around more than a day or two. (Occasionally people zip in and try and use the Cove for their own purposes, usually self-promotion/spam, so there are a few restrictions.)

Glad you have got useful advice. I can't add much to what's already been said, other than to say it's very good advice you've been given by a number of people says.

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Sidney Vianna View Post

A QMS should always support the business model of the organization and never the other way around.
Yes indeed.

PS You can write into a procedure a business rule/policy something along the lines of "exceptions must be authorized by the team manager " and use that for special cases, exceptions to the general rule, etc. After all, that's one reason why one has managers: to make intelligent decisions.

If the system is dysfunctional, cumbersome, hard to work with or even just crappy, that is not - ever!! - the fault of the Standard. It is in the implementation - ie, the how it's done, often because people haven't properly understood the requirement, and/or have copied what they've seen before or been told by others (equally misinformed).

The Standard says what must be done but does not dictate the how. So if the 'how' isn't working well for you, then change it so that it is.

For most of history, Anonymous was a woman. - Virginia Woolf

Last edited by JaneB; 7th January 2011 at 08:54 PM. Reason: add final para

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Manufacturing, Service, and Business Systems Processes > Service Industry Specific Topics

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?