The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Quality Manager Issues > Customer Complaints including ISO 10002
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Sponsor Links

Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
corrective action (ca), customer complaints and customer found nonconformance

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
Old 2nd March 2012, 06:45 PM
Other Things to Do

Registration Date: Feb 2012

Thanks Given to Others: 233
Karma Power: 0
biboy2012 has less than 100 Karma points so far.
Please Help! Categorization of Customer Complaint: Making Customers feel they are Top Priority

Currently, the prioritization of corrective action is categorized according to the following criteria:

High priority
Medium priority
Low priority

However, we all know that all customers want to feel valued. Despite the categorization of complaint, we don’t want customers feel they are faced with competing priorities. I was thinking to categorize them as "Urgent", "Important", and whatever. I don’t know the right word for the third category, but it should sounds positive. So, I was wondering if anyone has opinion/suggestion on this.

Any idea?

Sponsored Links
Old 2nd March 2012, 06:55 PM
Getting Involved (6 to 9 Posts)

Registration Date: Feb 2010

Thanks Given to Others: 6
Karma Power: 17
kg209 has less than 100 Karma points so far.
Re: Categorization of customer complaint: Making customers feel they are top priority

My suggestion would be to let the customer know they are important through your awesome customer service and to keep the prioritization internal to your organization. I can't imagine telling a customer that their complaint is low priority (even if your organization may think so)
Thanks to kg209 for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Sponsored Links

Old 11th March 2012, 09:07 AM
Other Things to Do

Registration Date: Feb 2012

Thanks Given to Others: 233
Karma Power: 0
biboy2012 has less than 100 Karma points so far.
Re: Categorization of customer complaint: Making customers feel they are top priority

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by kg209 View Post

My suggestion would be to let the customer know they are important through your awesome customer service and to keep the prioritization internal to your organization. I can't imagine telling a customer that their complaint is low priority (even if your organization may think so)
Thanks for your response, kg209. I totally agree with you.

I have attcehd the Severity Level and Turn-Around Time Determination Worksheet I designed. Before jumping towards the customer complaint categorization results I would like to highlight some indicators I included.

1- Likelihood (0-5 Incidents/mo, 6-10 Incidents/mo, and 11-Above Incidents/mo)
2- Temperament (enthusiastic, calm, irate)
3- Frequency of Call (first, second., third)
4- Project Class (low (1 million to < 5 million) , medium (5 million to <10 million), high (10 million and above)

Now comes to the outcome:

First, I worked out the sum of all the 4 indicators and divide by four, then converted the numerical value to non-numerical.

The above stated point of views is solely based on personal considerations. I am not the expert in customer service. I would appreciate any comments/suggestions on this idea. Did I miss something or vaguely possible to do? Could someone give me some pointers as far as you could see?

Many thanks in advance.
Attached Files: 1. Scan for viruses before using, 2. Please report any 'bad' files by Reporting this post, 3. Use at your Own Risk.
File Type: xls Severity Level andd Turn-Around Time Determination Worksheet.xls (24.0 KB, 93 views)

Last edited by biboy2012; 11th March 2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old 11th March 2012, 12:49 PM
Cross Forum Moderator

Registration Date: Mar 2008

Thanks Given to Others: 1,413
Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,599 Posts
Karma Power: 490
somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.somashekar is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Send a message via Yahoo to somashekar
Re: Categorization of Customer Complaint: Making Customers feel they are Top Priority

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by biboy2012 View Post

Currently, the prioritization of corrective action is categorized according to the following criteria:

High priority
Medium priority
Low priority

However, we all know that all customers want to feel valued. Despite the categorization of complaint, we don’t want customers feel they are faced with competing priorities. I was thinking to categorize them as "Urgent", "Important", and whatever. I don’t know the right word for the third category, but it should sounds positive. So, I was wondering if anyone has opinion/suggestion on this.

Any idea?
Respond to every customer complaint in time and make corrections / take corrective actions depending upon the gravity of the complaint. Get back to the customer more than once to close the complaint to his satisfaction.
Apart from this, categorization or mathematical indications are a waste of time and lead to nothing.

Best Regards...
Somashekar BV, INDIA
Thank You to somashekar for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 11th March 2012, 05:41 PM
Involved in Discussions

Registration Date: Jul 2011

Thanks Given to Others: 24
Karma Power: 32
NumberCruncher has disabled his/her Karma.

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by biboy2012 View Post

Thanks for your response, kg209. I totally agree with you.

I have attcehd the Severity Level and Turn-Around Time Determination Worksheet I designed. Before jumping towards the customer complaint categorization results I would like to highlight some indicators I included.

1- Likelihood (0-5 Incidents/mo, 6-10 Incidents/mo, and 11-Above Incidents/mo)
2- Temperament (enthusiastic, calm, irate)
3- Frequency of Call (first, second., third)
4- Project Class (low (1 million to < 5 million) , medium (5 million to <10 million), high (10 million and above)

Now comes to the outcome:

First, I worked out the sum of all the 4 indicators and divide by four, then converted the numerical value to non-numerical.

The above stated point of views is solely based on personal considerations. I am not the expert in customer service. I would appreciate any comments/suggestions on this idea. Did I miss something or vaguely possible to do? Could someone give me some pointers as far as you could see?

Many thanks in advance.
Hi biboy2012

Two comments.

1) There is nothing in your calculation that considers how long someone has been waiting for a reply. Do low priority complaints keep getting pushed to the back of the queue? That's a good way to loose customers.

2) What are you doing about the complaints? Are you analysing the complaints and trying to fix systematic problems? That way you get fewer complaints. This is a much higher priority.

You may be doing a lot about trying to fix the problems in a systematic way. If so, great! But I will ask the question anyway, just in case.

NC
Thanks to NumberCruncher for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Quality Manager Issues > Customer Complaints including ISO 10002

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?