In Reply to Parent Post by vishalrajesh
Request members of this community to help me with the agencies (in India) who conduct the below tests;
1. Millipore testing on Aluminum die cast components
2. CCM testing on die cast components
Also i would like to know more about millipore testing. will be grateful if community members could share some information.
I think you may be referring to cleanliness testing. The basic idea is to wash the component in its finished state, and measure how much material is released from it. I don't have a standard, but the customer requirement that I had to work to had the following points.
1) The component is washed at least times in a suitable fluid. The component may be washed up to 6 times.
2) The wash liquid is filtered through a suitable filter material and the weight of solid material is recorded.
3) At least 3 different components are washed in this way.
You should see the amount of material reduce with each washing. By the third or fourth wash, you really shouldn't be seeing any significant amount of material on the filter.