The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards > ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 - Quality Management Systems > ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 - Questions and Discussions
Forum Username

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access

Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
6.2.2 - competence awareness and training, iso 9001 - quality management systems, job descriptions, records (evidence) and records control, requirements and specifications, training (general), training records

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
Old 27th April 2012, 11:26 AM
Involved in Discussions

Please Help! ISO 9001 Clause 6.2.2 - Training Records, a Job Skills Matrix and Job Descriptions

DO I need training records, a job skills matrix and job descriptions. How can I avoid needing all of this?

Sponsored Links
Old 27th April 2012, 11:42 AM
Involved in Discussions

Re: ISO 9001 Clause 6.2.2 - Training Records, a Job Skills Matrix and Job Description

This kind of documentations might already been maintained by your Human Resources. If yes, during audits you can direct the auditor too see the required records in the Human Resources department...
Sponsored Links

Old 27th April 2012, 11:46 AM
Involved in Discussions

Re: ISO 9001 Clause 6.2.2 - Training Records, a Job Skills Matrix and Job Description

No the HR dept has nothing thats why I am just wondering how much I really need to pass ISO section
Old 27th April 2012, 11:51 AM
Involved in Discussions

Is the HR department not included in this certification? If this is the case, then you need to do something. Same with the company I am working.
In our company, we created a training matrix where the supervisors will update everytime a training is conducted to his employees.
We also have a one document template where supervisors can use to fill out the training titles, topics that they have provided to their personnel. We specified columns for Training Topic, Date of Training, Completed Yes or No, Trained By, Competent Yes or No.
Old 27th April 2012, 12:11 PM
Involved in Discussions

Company is not ISO yet, working on getting everything together so that we can have a third party come in. Very small company 20 people. I thought I could do a skills matrix and a sign off sheet of all jobs/equipment able to do by employees. Will I still need job descriptions?
Old 27th April 2012, 12:14 PM
When in doubt - THINK!

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Daizes4me View Post

DO I need training records, a job skills matrix and job descriptions. How can I avoid needing all of this?

Your organization requires a process or processes for:
  • Identifying the needed competencies/skills for personnel whose jobs impact quality
  • Providing training to ensure those comptencies/skills are met
  • Evaluate the effectiveness of the training
  • Ensuring the people know how they impact quality
  • Records of training education, skills, etc.

At no point do I see a matrix or job descriptions mentioned. I do see "records", however, so I doubt you can avoid that.

Many orgnaizations go the route of a matrix and/or job descriptions because they are simple and easy to understand.

What does your organization's HR department do? Considering the close relationship between clause 6.2.2 and Human Resources, you may wish to consider working with them to determine the process(es) for meeting the requirements.

~ Roxane ~
"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line." - Oscar Levant
Old 27th April 2012, 01:46 PM
Appreciated Information Resource

You need to determine what competencies are needed for each person. That is often done with a job description but can be as simple as a list of competencies needed. This need not be overly detailed. Broadly stated competencies might be in the neighborhood or six to ten per position as long as you truly cover what they need to know.

You need records showing how those competencies were gained. If you have not been registered before, you can do this with a grandfather statement showing that they have already proven their ability to meet the needs on the competency list or job description.

Going forward records will be needed for additional training as well as for new employees. Competencies new employees already had from education or previous experience can be shown with resumes, job descriptions, certificates, diplomas, etc.

Don't make it harder for yourself than you need to.
Thank You to Big Jim for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 27th April 2012, 01:52 PM
Involved in Discussions

Thanks Big Jim!

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards > ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 - Quality Management Systems > ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 - Questions and Discussions

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?