Elsmar Cove Forum Header Graphic The Elsmar Cove Wiki Sitemap More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar Cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
NQA-USA
Miner's MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Blog 
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Elsmar Cove Forum Community Forums > Community Discussion Topics > Controversial Discussion Topics
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Is the Department of Homeland Security Preparing for Civil War?

Search the Elsmar Cove
Search Elsmar
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Sponsor Links

Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
controversial topics

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 4th May 2012, 11:58 PM
kgott

Total Posts: 1,026
Bomb! Is the Department of Homeland Security Preparing for Civil War?

http://www.beaconequity.com/we-are-p...#ixzz1tsOzH4tU

This has got to be absolute rubbish does'nt it. Surely the situation in the U.S is not this bad? What do the covers from the U.S think of this?

Last edited by Marc; 5th May 2012 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Fixed link.

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 5th May 2012, 06:59 AM
Marc

Total Posts: 24,564
Re: Is the Department of Homeland Security Preparing for Civil War?

Ten years ago I would have said impossible. Over the next ten years, I wouldn't take a bet either way.
Sponsored Links

Post Number #3  
Old 26th June 2012, 02:32 PM
Icy Mountain

Total Posts: 885

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Declaration of Independence, Paragraph 2

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.
They would be completely stupid if they are not preparing for this. I was going to type a little more but I don't want to get on a list.
  Post Number #4  
Old 26th June 2012, 02:51 PM
Marc

Reminds me of a lot of posts over at ZeroHedge. Guns and gold. I have plenty of physical gold. Alas, not into guns. If a revolution comes even guns won't be of much value. This is 2012, not 1776. Some people may hold out in the mountains and such, but like so many places in the world which have "rebel" factions, the US would be unlivable. If the US reaches that point I'll be out of the US before all heck breaks loose. I don't believe the US is anywhere near the point of armed rebellion against the US government.

My bet is we'll see "revolutions" in Europe (many places in the middle east are already there, as we all know) before we see them in the US.
  Post Number #5  
Old 26th June 2012, 04:03 PM
silentrunning

Total Posts: 537

When you have a president that will only enforce the laws that he wants to, the next logical step is that the populace will only obey the laws that they want to. I truely believe that the last half of 2012 is going to bring more radical changes to our world than we can ever imagine.
  Post Number #6  
Old 26th June 2012, 04:16 PM
Michael_M

Total Posts: 397

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Marc View Post

This is 2012, not 1776. Some people may hold out in the mountains and such, but like so many places in the world which have "rebel" factions, the US would be unlivable.
I would believe the same quote was used in 1776 but slightly altered, something along the lines of "this is 1776, not 1476. The English have better guns and a better navy..."

I am not saying you are wrong Marc, quite the contrary. However fear of losing is not a good excuse for me. I still believe we can turn this ship but I also believe that just as many people still think we can turn this ship too, just in the opposite direction as I.
  Post Number #7  
Old 26th June 2012, 05:19 PM
Boingo-boingo

Total Posts: 200
Laughing Re: Is the Department of Homeland Security Preparing for Civil War?

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by silentrunning View Post

I truely believe that the last half of 2012 is going to bring more radical changes to our world than we can ever imagine.
You are watching too much Fox News...
  Post Number #8  
Old 26th June 2012, 09:12 PM
Marc

Yin Yang Re: Is the Department of Homeland Security Preparing for Civil War?

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by silentrunning View Post

When you have a president that will only enforce the laws that he wants to, the next logical step is that the populace will only obey the laws that they want to. I truely believe that the last half of 2012 is going to bring more radical changes to our world than we can ever imagine.
In the US I think it will be more of an issue of the Roberts / Scalia / Thomas US "supreme" court decisions and the corporate takeover of the US (the world is probably more accurate) than of Obama if anything significant happens. Which I doubt.

I think things will get weirder compared to say 10 or 20 years ago, but they're already quite weird.

I pretty much agree with Boing-Boing in that I don't see any immediate threat of any "doomsday" scenario in the near future. As to Faux News (aka info-tainment, scare mongering, and girls with big boobs to draw in the rubes/rednecks), I haven't seen it in quite a few years (still no TV here) so I have no idea what they're doing other than what I read and the clips I see in the internet. If anything it appears to me that Faux is an instigator/agitator within whipping up the rubes into a frenzy of illogical hate.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Elsmar Cove Forum Community Forums > Community Discussion Topics > Controversial Discussion Topics

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?