Elsmar Cove Forum Header Graphic The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Miner's MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Blog 
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Manufacturing, Service, and Business Systems Processes > Manufacturing and Related Processes
Forum Username

Wooden Line

Cable Manufacturing Build Audit Checklist

Wooden Line
Search the Elsmar Cove
Search Elsmar
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
audit checklist, audits and auditing, cables (electrical and related such as signal carriers), cables (general), manufacturing (general term)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
Old 4th May 2012, 12:25 PM
davelim

Thank You! Cable Manufacturing Build Audit Checklist

appreciate it if any one can help on this.
I going to audit one of the supplier for normal computer cable build, but i need a sample checklist which let me know what key point need to included in my audit check list, such like with 4M1H method, thanks!

Dave

Sponsored Links
Old 4th May 2012, 03:47 PM
dsanabria

Re: Cable Manufacturing Build Audit Checklist

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by davelim View Post

I going to audit one of the supplier for normal computer cable build, but i need a sample checklist which let me know what key point need to included in my audit check list, such like with 4M1H method, thanks!

Dave
What is a 4M1H Method - different meaning for different sectors.
Thanks to dsanabria for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Sponsored Links

Old 4th May 2012, 04:38 PM
Chance

Acquire a copy of their standard operating procedures and build your checklist against it. Try to at least familiarize their process and verify during your audit if they are doing what they say they do.
Thanks to Chance for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 4th May 2012, 10:01 PM
harry

Welcome to the Cove.

You should begin by finding out the objective of the audit. What are the specific problems so that you can zero in to have a better understanding of the issue at hand.

Wire Harness Inspection
Thanks to harry for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 4th May 2012, 11:40 PM
somashekar

Quote:

Dave
I gather that you are talking about process audit.
Process familiarity is very much essential for you to be able to audit the same.
Please tell me if you are talking about wire drawing / extrusion process OR wire preparation, crimping and harness process.
Thanks to somashekar for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 6th May 2012, 09:34 AM
davelim

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by somashekar View Post

I gather that you are talking about process audit.
Process familiarity is very much essential for you to be able to audit the same.
Please tell me if you are talking about wire drawing / extrusion process OR wire preparation, crimping and harness process.
Im going to audit the incoming quality process, wire preparation/off line process, production build process (Quality control, testing audit) for few server type cable such like data cable, power cable.
I need to start with few audit title in my checklist which mostly related with ISO & 4M method, thanks!
Old 6th May 2012, 01:28 PM
AndyN

Question Re: Cable Manufacturing Build Audit Checklist

Quote:

Im going to audit the incoming quality process, wire preparation/off line process, production build process (Quality control, testing audit) for few server type cable such like data cable, power cable.
I need to start with few audit title in my checklist which mostly related with ISO & 4M method, thanks!
Are you experienced in this process, Dave? If you have a checklist, will you know what answers are good answers and those which aren't so good?

Doing an audit isn't about asking questions and not knowing the answers - or worse, just what ISO says...

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Manufacturing, Service, and Business Systems Processes > Manufacturing and Related Processes

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?