Elsmar Cove Forum Header Graphic The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Miner's MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Blog 
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Aerospace and Aviation Standards and Requirements > AS9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements
Forum Username

Wooden Line

IRCA and UK CMBC announce change to the ICOP scheme

Wooden Line
Search the Elsmar Cove
Search Elsmar
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
aerospace (general), aerospace auditor, cbmc (uk's certification board management committee), icop (uk's industry controlled other party), irca (int'l register of certificated auditors), auditor qualification requirements and certifications

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
Old 6th May 2012, 01:32 PM
Sidney Vianna

Spin! IRCA and UK CMBC announce change to the ICOP scheme

http://www.irca.org/news/news_pressrelease64.htm

Quote:
IRCA and UK CBMC today announced a planned change to the UK Aerospace Industry Controlled Other Party (ICOP) scheme auditor authentication process.

From March 2013, IRCA will cease to process or manage ICOP scheme auditor authentications and a new process will be put in place under UK CBMC for this element. IRCA certificated aerospace auditors will continue to have the option to maintain their IRCA aerospace QMS auditor certification with IRCA, however without the ICOP scheme element.

The change recognises the benefit of separating ICOP scheme auditor authentication from the IRCA aerospace auditor certification scheme and providing greater clarity for industry and control for UK CBMC.

IRCA and UK CBMC have committed to ensuring a smooth transition of ICOP scheme auditor authentication from IRCA to the alternative provider and to minimising the impact on ICOP scheme auditors and their employers. IRCA and UK CBMC will notify auditors and certification bodies of any new arrangements in due course, and for now there is no requirement for any action by IRCA ICOP scheme authenticated auditors.

IRCA aerospace auditors who have questions may contact IRCA Certification Manager, Max Linnemann, mlinnemann@irca.org

UK CBMC may be contacted via sarah.barnard@adsgroup.org.uk
I wonder if RABQSA will follow the same route....
Thanks to Sidney Vianna for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Sponsored Links
Old 8th May 2012, 05:59 AM
Stijloor

Re: IRCA and UK CMBC announce change to the ICOP scheme

A Quick Bump!

Comments? Feedback?

Thank you very much!

Stijloor.
Sponsored Links

Old 14th July 2012, 02:00 PM
Timothy1

Hi Sidney
Any idea whether any changes coming in the way of AS auditor certification (other than somebodyelse will take over IRCA's certification business)?
Tim
Old 14th July 2012, 02:59 PM
Sidney Vianna

As I mentioned in this post, the whole process for aerospace auditor authentication is under review by the IAQG OPMT team and the future version of AS9104/3 might bring some significant changes, but I must not speculate about the nature of such potential changes.

If I am not mistaken, the next version of AS9104/3 should be released in the Fall .
Old 18th October 2012, 12:51 PM
Sidney Vianna

APMG-International was selected as the replacement for IRCA as the UK AAB* in the ICOP Scheme.
Old 24th January 2013, 10:12 PM
Boingo-boingo

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Sidney Vianna View Post

I wonder if RABQSA will follow the same route....
RABQSA is now suspended by the IAQG, both as a Training Provider Approval Body and as an Auditor Authentication Body, according to the information in OASIS.
Thanks to Boingo-boingo for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 12th June 2013, 09:07 AM
mlaurie

Boingo
I know I'm late to this party but I do not see RAB under suspension in OASIS. Can someone provide that link? Also where does the line start to become an AEA, I can't seemed to find it and I've already passed the Certified RAB Lead Auditor course. If RAB has been suspended what does that do to all the trainees??
Sarasota Mike

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Aerospace and Aviation Standards and Requirements > AS9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?