Transition from QS to ISOTS:2002 with different registrars
Hi to all, this is my first post here, I have a question:
I am working with a QS Certified manufacturer in Venezuela, South America, which corporate offices are in the US. We are transitioning to ISO/TS 16949:2002 as a corporate decision.
Some background info:
- Our QS Registrar, a US company, has communicated us that they have quit from working outside the US territories.
- We have contacted a new registrar for ISO/TS
- Our last (annual) surveillance audit was on last November.
- Our QS certificate shows that it is valid until July 2004.
- We have been toll that we will be deslisted with our current registrar on November 2003.
- Our schedule for ISO/TS places our certification audit early on December 2003 (no way to make it sooner)
- We have been told by the new registrar that now recommendation letter is issue when registering to ISO/TS and that the certificate will take 2-3 months to be issued.
My questions are:
What will happen with our certification status while we wait for the new certificate?
Which are our options?
Thanks in advance for any help