ISO 10006:2003 - Quality Management in Projects - Project Management

A

alexmirea

Hello,
I am interested to know more about ISO 10006:2003 - Quality management in projects.
Can someone help me?

Thanks

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Have you got a copy of the standard yet? From the 'Promo':

ISO 10006:2003 gives guidance on the application of quality management in projects.

It is applicable to projects of varying complexity, small or large, of short or long duration, in different environments, and irrespective of the kind of product or process involved. This can necessitate some tailoring of the guidance to suit a particular project.

ISO 10006:2003 is not a guide to "project management" itself. Guidance on quality in project management processes is discussed in this International Standard. Guidance on quality in a project's product-related processes, and on the "process approach", is covered in ISO 9004.

Since ISO 10006:2003 is a guidance document, it is not intended to be used for certification/registration purposes.

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
What kind of information are you looking for? I would start at the ISO website or maybe Wikipedia Wikipedia reference-linkISO_10006 , but it would be easier to give you good guidance if we knew what you are looking for. Happy hunting! Please be sure to let us know if you can narrow down your questions a little more.

A

alexmirea

Thank you for quick answer!
I undrestand that 10006 is only a guideline but I want to see the links between ISO 10006 an PMBOK
I work in construction business and we have ISO 9001 QMS.We develop residential projects

Can I read somewhere on internet this standard?

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Thank you for quick answer!
I undrestand that 10006 is only a guideline but I want to see the links between ISO 10006 an PMBOK
I work in construction business and we have ISO 9001 QMS.We develop residential projects

Can I read somewhere on internet this standard?
There may be a book on the subject in Google, which can be viewed on the internet. Otherwise, the ISO standards are copyrighted and as such, we can't post them here.

BradM

Leader
Admin
Here is the manuscript of a paper I did.

In particular, see if this paper citation may help:

Thomas, S., Lee, S.H., Spencer, J., Tucker, R., and Chapman, R. (2004). Impacts of Design/Information Technology on Project Outcomes. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, July/ August: 586-597.
In short, that standard exists, but I have found very little evidence of the paper actually being used.

Attachments

• Revision 2.doc
    107 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:
A

alexmirea

I found something interesting at canadian company BIA
here is the link

bia.ca/articles/pj-combining-iso-10006-pmbok-to-ensure-successful-projects.htm
:thanx:

S

signal

thanks to all about that information but are there anyone have iso 1006 as .pdf and ppst it here please :read:

RCW

Quite Involved in Discussions
While digging for information about Project Management and ISO 10006, I ran across this article on the web:

http :// www. pmpartners.com/resources/iso10006.html - OBSOLETE BROKEN 404 LINK(s) UNLINKED - PLEASE HELP - REPORT POSTS WITH BROKEN LINKS

Just when you thought additional ISO guidelines provided support for the lost traveler.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom