Counterfeit Parts Mitigation Plan/Procedure Details Requirement(s)

56flh

I'm not sure if this is the correct area to post this, so please move if I've guessed incorrectly.

I am looking for a demo of a Counterfeit Mitigation Plan/Procedure that will give me an idea of the amount of detail that is needed/required.

insect warfare

QA=Question Authority
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Counterfeit Mitigation Plan/Procedure

In what industry do you work in? What standards are your company certified to? Can you describe your situation in more detail?

This may help the moderators better place your question for answering...

Brian :rolleyes:

M

MIREGMGR

Re: Counterfeit Mitigation Plan/Procedure Details Requirement(s)

Counterfeit Mitigation Plan/Procedure

A more basic question: what is counterfeit mitigation?

I understand the detection of counterfeit products, services, repair parts, etc.

Are you referring to mitigation of the adverse effects on your product users, their customers, and/or your company's economic success by means of actions to identify counterfeits on the market and decrease their availability, identify counterfeits in use or in inventories and arrange for their replacement, and identify counterfeit sources and take action against them?

Or does "counterfeit mitigation" mean something else?

My first thought was that you want to create a plan that looks like it's intended to mitigate something, but actually is just a cheap copy of a real mitigation plan. That would be good for a laugh, but I'm presently thinking that's not your goal. :)

insect warfare

QA=Question Authority
Trusted Information Resource
I am looking for a demo of a Counterfeit Mitigation Plan/Procedure that will give me an idea of the amount of detail that is needed/required.

Since I cannot post a file from my computer right now, here is this PDF from a Google search. It may help you.

This white paper also has some good information on the subject.

Hope I've Helped...

rickpaul01

Involved in HankyPanky
I'm not sure if this is the correct area to post this, so please move if I've guessed incorrectly.

Hi, Everything you need to know is in SAE AS5553 Counterfeit Electronic Parts; Aviodance, Detection, Mitigation, and Disposition:read:

56flh

Since I cannot post a file from my computer right now, here is this PDF from a Google search. It may help you.

This white paper also has some good information on the subject.

Hope I've Helped...

To answer your question: tier two supplier to a defense contractor and we are ISO9001:2008 certified.

Thanks for the link, it gets me a little closer to what I'm looking for.

Top Bottom