Benefits of the use of Audit Guidance Tools during the Audit Process

S

Shannon

Hi all, just a quick question some one may be able to help me with.

"What are some benefits for the use of audit guidance tools during the audit process".

Regards,
Shannon

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Audit guidance tools

"What are some benefits for the use of audit guidance tools during the audit process".

Regards,
Shannon

I never heard audit guidance tools. Are you referring to the role of the audit guides, instead?
If so, they shall accompany auditors ( external auditors) on the premises of the audited processes. They can give some explanations, if requested by the auditors. Some times I have seen that they also act as translators if the operator/techs do not speak the same language of the auditor and if they are able to do.:bigwave:

Last edited:

AndyN

Moved On

Regards,
Shannon

Hi Shannon. It depends on what is referred to as a "guidance tools". This sounds like terminology from a Lead Auditor course - or similar - can you tell us the context it's being used?

S

Shannon

Hi Andy,

Sorry I should have put this into context, the tools used for conducting an audit such as,

Checklists,

Marked up procedures,

Flow charts,

Mind Maps.

I have noticed the dissavantages that would be encountered, but I would like to know some benifits of these tools.

Not using audit tools:-

Essential issues will be forgotten,

Objective evidence will not be recorded in any systematic way,

Future reference to the actual audit activity will be very difficult.

Advantages (my thoughts on potential benifits) may be:-

Checklists provide objective evidence that the audit was performed and planned ,

Processes will not be forgotten during an audit,

Useful for what observations where made prior to reporting the findings,

Hope you maybe able to add to my benifits list

qusys

Trusted Information Resource

Hi Andy,

Sorry I should have put this into context, the tools used for conducting an audit such as,

Checklists,

Marked up procedures,

Flow charts,

Mind Maps.

I have noticed the dissavantages that would be encountered, but I would like to know some benifits of these tools.

Not using audit tools:-

Essential issues will be forgotten,

Objective evidence will not be recorded in any systematic way,

Future reference to the actual audit activity will be very difficult.

Advantages (my thoughts on potential benifits) may be:-

Checklists provide objective evidence that the audit was performed and planned ,

Processes will not be forgotten during an audit,

Useful for what observations where made prior to reporting the findings,

Hope you maybe able to add to my benifits list

There are pro's and con's for check lists in auditing.
For example, some audit guidance tools are also turtle diagrams. There are many thread in the forum speaking about them.
However, some pro's for check lists is that they are good for not expert auditor, good to learn .
Con's are that they could limit process approach, be limited to the auditor, if he/she stays confined only in those questions.
it is up to you.:bigwave:

AndyN

Moved On
I was asking about the context of the question, Shannon, not of the use of tools. In other words, what's the reason you're asking about this?

Has, for example, your CB auditor been asking why you (as an internal auditor) don't use a checklist or other guidance tool and is trying to guide you in that direction (OFI)?

Top Bottom