How fast is the fastest you have ever driven a land vehicle?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
How fast is the fastest you have ever driven a land vehicle?

I made 135 MPH about 20 years ago when I reached the 'I'm afraid to go faster than this' point.

D

Duke Okes

140 MPH in a 1984 Corvette. The only car I've ever regretted getting rid of. Always able to pass any many vehicles as you want, no trouble blending in with traffic from an on ramp no matter how fast they were going ...

And it sat so low and had so much rubber on the road that it never felt unstable.

Unfortunately many vehicles now have limiters at about 130 (but that's probably good for my future).

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
On a closed course (Meadowdale Speedway - long gone) back in the 60's, I had a 'vette past 160 (radar clocking) in the 1 mile long straightaway and about 100 on the easy curves - everyone else passed me like I had it in neutral!

Randy

Super Moderator
In my 1970 Daytona I hit 162 on the Ark State Police radar. (440 Magnum, Holley Dominator, auto trans w 3.23 rear)

I hit 198 in a "A" Fuel Dragster about 30 years ago.

I had an Enduro Go-cart w/ 2 mac 101's that would top 100 in the straight.

A friend had 1 750 Yahama in a Go-Cart and I know I busted 120, but I shut my eyes and hit the brakes...that thing was squirlley!

Most of our police cars in the '70 could bust 150 easy in short bursts.

C

chergh - 2008

Fastest I've ever been was 150 mph in my Nissan 200SX, though it required a bit of modification to do this. Once I hit 150 I didn't really have the nerve to take it much faster.

G

Gert Sorensen

115 mph in one of these... THAT was a scary experience :tg:

Attachments

• How fast is the fastest you have ever driven a land vehicle?
    Kadett_E_1988.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 189
C

Craig H.

Approx 145 in my 1985 300ZX Turbo, several times. That's when the speed limiter kicked in. BTW, those runs were late at night on weeknights on deserted roads, with no one else in the car with me.

Zoom zoom, indeed.

W

wmarhel

I've been around 145-150mph in tuned Nissan Skyline (and it still had more left in it), and around 130mph in a tuned Civic. The Civic was a bit unsettling, but the Skyline was a real nice drive. I've had both the Subaru WRX STi and Mitsubishi EVO above 120 with the EVO being the better performing car.

I think that when I'm done with my MBA I'm gonna get another car to tune. My son will be nine by then and time to teach him how to maintain a car before he ever has to drive one. Right now he's a good help at washing car, although I wish I could say it was "free" labor. :)

Happiness begins at 90 (MPH). :)

Wayne

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
I pegged the speedometer at 140 and was still accelerating. A Montana State Hiway Patrolman passed me and waggled his finger at me. I slowed down.:eek: I figured that was my freebie of a lifetime, and I thank him to this day for allowing me my moment of fun. WhoooooEeeee! it was amazing!

D

db

135 in a Fury II, Police Interceptor. It had about 85K on the steering, and had a bad shimmy above 90. At 135, I was having a hard time keeping it under control, but was on a high-speed pursuit that could not be terminated. And the suspect was losing me in his camaro! But he did stop after taking out a string of 3 telephone poles.

Arrest made

Top Bottom