Need help with AQL (Acceptable Quality Level) for a QC inspection

H

Hiccup

Hi all,

I am inspecting sets made up of 35 different items each. However, I am only counting the set towards AQL standards, not each individual item. So, if I find a minor defect on one of the 35 items, I count it as a minor defect for the whole set. The problem is then every set is marked with a defect and the order fails inspection. There are just too many items in the set. So my questions are:

1. Is there a less strict AQL level I could use, perhaps beyond 6.5?
2. Am I currently doing the inspection the correct way? If not, how should I be inspecting these sets?

Thank you forum minds

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
A quick "Bump". My Thanks in advance if someone can help with this one.

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
What are the items in a set?
How are the 'sets' different from a lot -do you have multiple sets in a lot? If so how many?
What AQL are you currently using?

Yes it sounds like you are not using the AQL approach correctly but without further details it is difficult to provide further useful help

H

Hiccup

Thanks for the quick reply. To answer your questions:

1. I don't think that matters. I also do not know. I'm not actually inspecting these, just trying to help someone.
2. The product is the set itself. We are inspecting one kind of set for the lot.
3. Inspecting one kind of set at the most lenient AQl setting possible. Sample size is 500 sets (N) with AQL at 6.5. But at that level the Ac/Re is still 21/22, the same as a sample size of 200 sets.

I want to be able to apply a weaker AQL level to a larger sample size so the number of Ac/Re is higher. How come at 6.5, the Ac/Re level stops after a lot size of 200? Would AQL levels of 8.5, 10. 15, etc be appropriate? Is this the best way to inspect?

Let me know if you have more questions. Thanks for your help.

B

Barbara B

Do you solely want to know how to apply ISO 2859 correctly or do you want to assure with the inspection that a specific quality level is met?

A

Al Dyer

What is the sample size of your sets?
How Hard would it be to inspect each set?
How are you quantifying the sets?
Has your customer set the AQL?

More specific info would help us answer your request.

Al...

H

Hiccup

@ Barbara:
I would like to know how to apply ISO 2859 correctly

@Al
I can't answer any of your questions. Sorry

To all: I can use the AQL chart but anything beyond that is beyond me. I am not an expert like others in this forum so it is difficult for me to ask and answer questions clearly. And of course, my contact did just receive the answer to his question (an expanded AQL chart). So I thank everyone for all their help and consider this a successful 'cased closed'.

Raffy

Quite Involved in Discussions
This is just a follow-up question with regard to AQL for QC inspection. How about in an electronic assembly, a small company producing electronic assembly, how to apply AQL, example that company is producing only 5 pcs of electronic assembly, for QC, how am I going to apply the said requirements. Concern: Provided that I have to check all the boards however, do I have to make a sample quantity during inspection of parts stuffed in the board? Please advise.
Thank you very much in advance for the usual kind attention you will give this matter.
Raffy :cool:

Top Bottom