Warehousing and Transportation of Bottled Water

S

Symmetry

Hello,
I am working a contract for bottled water and I need to provide to the contracting officer a quality policy on warehousing bottled water, and transporting bottled water. This would include all the correct storage temperatures min/max and any other FDA or Government regulations for bottled. I need this quickly or I am going to be in trouble with the boss. I have looked on the net and only come up with tap water requirements. I truly appreciate any help on this matter.
All the Best!

S

Symmetry

Re: Bottled Water HELP!

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your assistance. I actually found this today also. I am really looking for someone that actually deals with bottled water so they can explain how they track the lot numbers in the warehouse and how they ensure a quality product to the customer. e.g. optimal storage temps, type of lighting, what standards does the warehouse have to be held to as far as being clean. Any particular requirements for transporting

harry

Trusted Information Resource

Hello,
I am working a contract for bottled water and I need to provide to the contracting officer a quality policy on warehousing bottled water, and transporting bottled water. This would include all the correct storage temperatures min/max and any other FDA or Government regulations for bottled. I need this quickly or I am going to be in trouble with the boss. I have looked on the net and only come up with tap water requirements. I truly appreciate any help on this matter.
All the Best!

If what you meant is bottled mineral water / RO water, you may want to look at the IBWA (International Bottled Water Association) website and guide lines. Over here, we follow their guidelines as well as those from the authorities (if any). Since water doesn't turn bad easily, minimal care is required - stored in cool (room temperature) dry place and away from direct sunlight - the same applies to transportation. Juices are a different kettle of fish.

IBWA

IBWA - packaging

S

Symmetry

Harry,

Thanks you for your support on this. I have been looking for awhile to find some information on how to warehouse and transport bottled water. I am working a contract and this is out of my experience.

All the Best!

Regards,

Top Bottom