Seeking APQP project plan done in Microsoft Project / Poll on Web Data Collection

Is your company using any web based solution for your Product Realization Planning

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C

C Buffone

I am doing some work in APQP deployment in the Automotive sector.

I have been unsuccessful in finding an AIAG compliant APQP project plan done in Microsoft Project. Has anyone come across one?

claudio

Caster

An Early Cover
Trusted Information Resource
We are using Cebos MQ1 software. It is a database system that is tightly integrated with MS Project.

Basically MS Project is used for tasks, dates, responsibilities. Cebos MQ1 provides workflow management of open issues, meeting minutes, status reports, and so on.

We are about 6 months into the roll out and have by my guess covered about 65% of the "AIAG APQP" requirements. The APQP book was used as a starting point, and things are now highly customized and adapted to our own business process.

I agree with you, there are not many softwares currently that use MS Project for APQP.

Are you trying to develop a web based system?

Regards

Caster

C

C Buffone

APQP MS template

Caster thanx for the response. Sounds like a very compelling approach.

Actually we have developed a completely web based tool (BPS Project and BPS Auto)telecom, pharma, financial, software and in auto, whch deals more with the broader requirement of product/service realization, enterprise wide. It is one interface for the plan, deployment, docments, collaboration, issues andresources.

Our clients build their own plans, or we have built plans specific to their needs. We have recently added the facility to import MS Project plans and are now receiving requiests for generic 5 phase APQP template.

claudio

Caster

An Early Cover
Trusted Information Resource
Claudio

Impressive looking product.

To develop our APQP template, I just scanned the AIAG APQP book and used the exact structure as it is set up.

Each of the 5 phases was a task, each paragrah heading became a sub task, and I made a series of sub task checklist questions out of the paragraph text. I also added in the Appendix checklists in the right places and called it done.

The Appendix cheklists by themselves are ony a small part of APQP, and people seem to get confused by them. I've had many people argue that all they need to do is the checklists and they have "done APQP". Once they actually read the manual, they have a better understanding. Then the problem becomes "it's too much work!"

Over time as we worked with this generic project design, it became more and more focused to our business methods.

C

C Buffone

APQP plan

Caster, sounds liek we have very similar approaches, essentially we have done the smae thing.

Let me know if u do come across the genric APQP template in MS Project, or a reasonably similar one. We will need it, I'm sure and It would help save significant time.

claude

R

ralphsulser

I found an APQP Ford excel file some time ago which is rather lenghly, but very detailed. I'll attache it for your review, maybe will help bulid a template

Attachments

• APQP check list.xls
    149.5 KB · Views: 5,925
C

C Buffone

APQP MS template

Thanx.

I am using the AIAG APQP book, our own benchmarks and sector specific requirments similar to those outlined in your Ford workbook. I'll wait to see if any other responsdants provide a generic template in MS Project. I am somewhat disappointed that no one has come forward. You would think, with the standard being out there for this long, effective Product Realization a mandated TS requirement and MS evolving, there would be something. It may be possible that auto parts suppliers feel their APQP is core, resulting in hesitation to share.

ciao
claudio

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I had hoped someone would have a generic plan in MS Project that they would share as well. Oh, well!

B

barbt

I have an APQP project template developed for engineering of die-cast dies. It's fairly straightforward. throughout the process of engineering our dies, we have various forms that need to be included. - so, it's not a template for APQP specifically, rather a generic project with APQP forms built into the flow.

Barbt

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
Marc said:
I had hoped someone would have a generic plan in MS Project that they would share as well. Oh, well!

As I see it MS project is in fact a program that allows you to allocate tasks and monitor performance.
It does not do any thing else except allow you to collect the data that you entered and produce gantt charts.
I think that if you look at most customer requirements for APQP reporting which is in fact the same thing as you want they all use excel as excel is more available than MSproject.

Most of these files include between 19 to 25 tasks which are the APQP tasks, in this presentation Marc's APQP Presentation then you will find examples of activities for each stage e.g. page 167.

MSproject has become the "only" method of monitoring projects, any program that allows you to update visually serves the same purpose.

|____|_____|......................
0 25% 50% 75% 100%

here is a very crude but effective method

Top Bottom