Inhouse Calibration Plus TUS in accordance with AMS 2750 rev E?

B

bwdreiko

Hi There,I am new for this site and I hope I will get some help:bigwave:,we are aerospace company and we have several Heat Treatment facilieties(most of them are ovens class 2 instrumentation type c and class 5 instrumentation type D) we have Nadcap accreditation and so far we are doing ok In house we are only perform SAT test in accordance with AMS 2750 but we are looking for cost savings and here is my question can we Perform TUS in house + can we calibrate all ours controllers(sensitivity)??is it enaugh to buy all necesarry equipment e.g. digital recorder e.g Yokogawa dx200 series + expandable type K thermocouples+good secondary standart instrument,of course I am going to write all operating procedure base on AMS 2750 rev E+customers requiments is it all suficient or do we need to be apoved to do this tests
all comments will be appreciated
Regards
b:Dwdreiko

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: Calibration Plus TUS in accordance with AMS 2750 rev E

What is TUS?

What is SAT?

Are you still NADCAP approved?

Do you want to get away from NADCAP and does your customer required NADCAP from you?

Why do you think you need to buy new equipment?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader

TUS = Temperature Uniformity Survey

SAT = System Accuracy Test

B

bwdreiko

Hi,there Yes we are still Nadcap approved ,yes it is customer requiments,
we need to buy new equipment To do Temperature Uniformity Survey(TUS)as I this moment company from outside do this for us,we are looking for savings like I said,My question is Can WE DO IT INHOUSE

D

dv8shane

Hi There,I am new for this site and I hope I will get some help:bigwave:,we are aerospace company and we have several Heat Treatment facilieties(most of them are ovens class 2 instrumentation type c and class 5 instrumentation type D) we have Nadcap accreditation and so far we are doing ok In house we are only perform SAT test in accordance with AMS 2750 but we are looking for cost savings and here is my question can we Perform TUS in house + can we calibrate all ours controllers(sensitivity)??is it enaugh to buy all necesarry equipment e.g. digital recorder e.g Yokogawa dx200 series + expandable type K thermocouples+good secondary standart instrument,of course I am going to write all operating procedure base on AMS 2750 rev E+customers requiments is it all suficient or do we need to be apoved to do this tests
all comments will be appreciated
Regards
b:Dwdreiko
Yes you can move it all in house. I have a customer that I initially set up and looked after 2 of their ovens under AMS2750, eventually with the addition of more ovens the external cost I would have charged was enough to warrant doing it themselves. They did have an available process engineer so the transition went well. I suggest you consult with your current supplier you may be surprised at what they can help with saving costs, choosing equipment etc. Yes they will be unhappy about the loss of business but a consulting fee is better than nothing IMHO.

Shane

Mikishots

Trusted Information Resource

Hi,there Yes we are still Nadcap approved ,yes it is customer requiments,
we need to buy new equipment To do Temperature Uniformity Survey(TUS)as I this moment company from outside do this for us,we are looking for savings like I said,My question is Can WE DO IT INHOUSE

Yes. We also do both in-house.

B

bwdreiko

:DThank You so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am going to focus on writing some operating procedures how to perform TUS test IAW AMS 2750,I just need to be sure all customers requiments and AMS are include in OP.Many thanks for all your help and suport!!!!!!!!!!:agree:

D

dv8shane

Suggestions for equipment

1. I like the Fluke Hydra and software, beware they make you pay extra for graphing more than 8 thermocouples with the software but the data is good up to 20 channels and is very secure in my opinion. I tried but failed to make any changes that were undetectable
  2. For the TUS Type J expendable thermocouples and readouts tend to be a little more accurate. Buy it by the roll and have the roll calibrated.
  3. Type N is like a Type K but I think it is better as an SAT thermocouple and will qualify for up to type 2 Ovens in most circumstances.
  4. Build a rack that is easily moved in and out of the oven for mounting the thermocouples. It makes it easier and more repeatable and gives you more usage.
  5. Consider a used Ectron or Omega as a possible calibrator for your instruments
Good luck the learning curve is steep!

Shane

TrivialSublime

Involved In Discussions
Super Systems Inc. of Ohio makes a couple of good portable 20 and 40 channel data loggers. I'm not affiliated with them, we just have been using their 20 channel unit now for 5 years and it works for us.

Omega makes good handhelds that you can use for probe checks and instrument claibrations ( CL25 model is good).
Hope this helps.
NADCAPitus non carborundum

Top Bottom