Digital Product Definition (DPD) - Computer generated drawings

V

ValleyGirl

We've been asked to write procedures for DPD so we can use computer generated drawings to get work. Has anyone tackled this task? Do you have any pointers?

Thanks

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Re: Digital Product Definition (DPD)

Do you have any pointers?
Since you do Aerospace work, check the Boeing DPD page.
Digital Product Definition

Boeing has reached consensus on a common process for controlling the transfer of digital product definition to suppliers. The Boeing document D6-51991, Quality Assurance Standard For Digital Product Definition at Boeing Suppliers, consolidates and replaces multiple Boeing requirements. The document outlines uniform specifications for supplier control of digital product definition data and software.
All suppliers are encouraged to review this document to control and use Boeing digital product definition data at their site, as well as at the sites of their sub-tier suppliers. Boeing will conduct a single on-site assessment of suppliers' digital product definition capabilities. The checklist used for the capability assessment and the D6-51991 standard are available below:
D6-51991 Quality Assurance Standard for Digital Product Definition at Boeing Suppliers (pdf) - This document outlines uniform specifications for supplier control of digital product definition data and software.
Digital Product Definition/Model Based Definition Checklist Guide (pdf) - This document provides a tool to assess qualification of a supplier's Digital Product Definition (DPD) capability to Boeing requirements.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

We've been asked to write procedures for DPD so we can use computer generated drawings to get work. Has anyone tackled this task? Do you have any pointers?

Thanks

ValleyGirl,

In another post you said:

<snip> I believe in quality...I think the standard or auditors are a pain in the @#*.

The person that just helped you with your question about DPD (Sidney Vianna) represents a very well-known Registrar and he is also an Auditor.... Sidney is very helpful and he is a very nice person! ;)

Stijloor.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin

he is a very nice person!
Thanks, Jan. But don't believe all the rumors you hear....
rofl1.gif

V

ValleyGirl

ValleyGirl,

In another post you said:

The person that just helped you with your question about DPD (Sidney Vianna) represents a very well-known Registrar and he is also an Auditor.... Sidney is very helpful and he is a very nice person! ;)

Stijloor.

I know, I know...and yesterday I felt that way. I was just letting off steam and I had originally posted in the "Controversial Discussion Forum" the moderators moved it and well...the rest is history, So much for that, the post is in a different forum.

I know who Sideny is, attened his AS9100 webinar just this week...thank you Sidney & DNV.:applause:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

I know, I know...and yesterday I felt that way. I was just letting off steam and I had originally posted in the "Controversial Discussion Forum" the moderators moved it and well...the rest is history, So much for that, the post is in a different forum.

I know who Sidney is, attended his AS9100 webinar just this week...thank you Sidney & DNV.:applause:

Thank you for your response! :agree1:

Please continue the dialogue..

Stijloor.

V

ValleyGirl

Since you do Aerospace work, check the Boeing DPD page.

Yes Sidney,

As usual Great Advice

They are the very ones requesting the manual/procedures. It's new to me (along with other things) and I just wondered if anyone else has tackled this request,,,and how they went about it.

I think we have a good start but I guess my first question is

Do we need a manual? It sounds to me like we just need procedures. We have flow chart, equip list, transfer info for starters.

V

ValleyGirl

Well, It's been some time and I have made some progess on our DPD procedures. But it has been frustrating. :mad:
Just wanted to refresh the thread so hopefully someone could offer me some assistance.
How about the planning package identifing traceabilty to current authority data set?

Can anyone help me on this? Could this be realized through the Shop Travler?

Thanks is advance!

Top Bottom