Process Map - Upgrade Audit Tommorrow - Your Comments Please

B

Bob_M

Hey I haven't posted lately but here I am again a little frantic just before our upgrade Audit tommorrow. We end up with a different auditor :( but overall I'm very positive. One of the OFI we received during our Pre-Assessment was to better show ownership of our processes as well as how do we measure effectiveness of our main "processes". I've put off updating our Process Outline Map a lot longer than planned. So here it is. Comment welcome.
Major changes include adding WHO is OVERALL responsible for a major task/process and color coding the processes/task. I also added the Basic Goals/Metric for the Larger Boxed in MAJOR processes.
All comments welcome.
And feel free to use as an example for your self (I have many times) :)

I've also included the Org Chart that complements the Process Map

Attachments

• QM-01-02 Rev1 -- Organization Chart.pdf
    19.5 KB · Views: 578
  • QM-01-03 Rev2 -- Process Outline Map.pdf
    21.5 KB · Views: 620
S

SteelWoman

For what it's worth, we linked "ownership" of the processes through a separate document that has defined "goals" for every process on the overall process map. Each manager of that process is responsible for reporting to the MRT and to his own department the progress toward those goals each quarter. That way we have a nice ownership link between the processes and those processes goals.

Though, granted, an auditor hasn't blessed this yet! :vfunny:

B

Bob_M

SteelWoman said:
For what it's worth, we linked "ownership" of the processes through a separate document that has defined "goals" for every process on the overall process map. Each manager of that process is responsible for reporting to the MRT and to his own department the progress toward those goals each quarter. That way we have a nice ownership link between the processes and those processes goals.

Though, granted, an auditor hasn't blessed this yet! :vfunny:
We may eventually have a seperate "goals" document but we haven't gotten it done yet. We've met several times on the subject, but we've yet to finish it. Perhaps this upgrade audit will force us to finish it! :)
Techinically we are in the process and planning on finishing it! Its even in the last few (montly) Management Review records!

We're a small office of 6 and "official" reporting tends to be a waste of time/paperwork except in meeting records duirng our monthly "Staff Meetings" which sometimes double as Management Review Meetings.

During our pre-assessment audit I had trouble showing the auditor on PAPER (within the manual) who was responsible for what and what were the "measures" of our main processes.

J

Jimmy Olson

Hi Bob,

I don't see any problem with the org chart or the process map, expecially since it looks familiar :p I'm sure everything will go good tomorrow. Have fun :rolleyes:

B

Bob_M

Richard Olson said:
Hi Bob,
I don't see any problem with the org chart or the process map, expecially since it looks familiar :p I'm sure everything will go good tomorrow. Have fun :rolleyes:
Hey why totally reinvent the wheel, for something that mainly only auditors look at. Thanks again for the past help/samples!! :D
I'm sure things won't be perfect, but I'm praying for no MAJORs. My boss won't be to happy if we have to try again and spend more $$.

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
I'm new to this process mapping stuff, but FWIW I think it looks pretty good.

Good luck tomorrow! Keep us posted.

B

Bob_M

Claes Gefvenberg said:
Good luck tomorrow, Bob. :agree:

/Claes
Thanks Claes and eveyone else.

Our Upgrade has been reschedule a few times now (upto the day before - last week), at least this time I actually FEEL ready! :eek: (Of course tommorrow morning my stomach will probably be in knots!)

Top Bottom