Problems with Gage InSite Enterprise software - Hiccups

A

AngelaC

Problems with Gage InSite Enterprise software? "Hiccups"

Our metrology lab purchased Gage InSite Enterprise with the three-tier server option. (We also have the Uncertainty Module and a module that handles invoicing.) The three-tier version allows our customers to access their equipment records via WAN.

I do not want to make negative remarks about a product in a public forum, but I must admit that we have experienced "hiccups."

I am curious to hear if other calibration labs use this software and whether they have experienced any problems? I would also be interested to hear if any calibration service users have purchased calibration services from a lab that utilizes Gage InSite and whether they have encountered any problems?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I'm not sure why you would not want to say what the problem(s) are in a public forum - It might even save someone from buying that software or knowing that others are having similar problems.

I haven't used it, but I am curiouse what "hiccups" you've been having. It might even be network problems and not the software.

G

Graeme

AngelaC said:
Our metrology lab purchased Gage InSite Enterprise with the three-tier server option. (We also have the Uncertainty Module and a module that handles invoicing.) The three-tier version allows our customers to access their equipment records via WAN.

... I am curious to hear if other calibration labs use this software and whether they have experienced any problems?
AngelaC,

The cal lab I am working with (as a contractor) has been using Gage InSite for over 3 years. We have the enterprise version but I don't know about the three-tier stuff. I know our system does not communicate outside the confines of our own lab. (We would like it to, but the thundering voice of corporate IT always says "NO!") I am not sure about the uncertainty module, but we do have one for calibration interval analysis.

We have had occasional problems, of course - I have yet to see any software that does not have many opportunities for improvement. We have found the people at IndySoft to be very responsive and great to work with. The lab supervisor is the one who deals with that end of it. Overall - it is an excellent system for us.

C

ceetee

Problems with Gage InSite Enterprise software? "Hiccups"

Angela,

I am a senior level developer with IndySoft Corporation and happened upon your thread here today. I also take an active part in ensuring our support system helps all of our customers so naturally I am inclined to ask further about your situation. I sincerely hope your company has contacted IndySoft support to address any concerns.

I am unaware of which company you are with but encourage you to use one of our support channels to contact IndySoft to resolve your issues. Our commitment is to ensure our customers are productive with our software solutions.

http://www.indysoft.com/request-support.htm

I can tell you that this week there was a new build released to address three tier issues. There was an issue with the vendor that supplies our core three-tier technology that manifested itself in a few different ways.

If for any reason you feel your needs are not being properly addressed, feel free to email [email protected] with your concerns.

Thank you,

Charles R. Thompson
IndySoft Corporation

CalRich

Involved In Discussions
Although these previous posts are a bit old, I have something to add. Gage Insite is really an amazing peiece of software and has positively changed the work in our lab. We have had our problems and "hiccups"... but usually, the problem is caused by the user. When my technicians come and relate some Insite problem, I look at it and tell them, "It did exactly what you told it to do!"
The important thing is that if a company is using the Enterprise version or the Commercial Lab Ed.... or have complicated things like the uncertainty module or connecting to equipment via RS-232, you have to have a person working almost full time just on Gage Insite. We've been using it one year and have yet to touch the Uncertainty module. There's so much in the software... it takes a long time to tweak everything to suit your needs. Gage Insite has a lot of features that you need, but you didn't know you needed.
Their support is quite good, although I've had to wait some time before getting to the real solution. Email and phone support do not compare to a live person. Unfortunately, that's not possible. That's why you have to have an internal employee dedicated to it, at least while the program is being implemented in your company.

S

Super20G

Good Features - Unless You Want To Use Them...

I agree. If you are implementing Enterprise, CLE, 2-tier...3-tier, or similar, you MUST have a FULL-TIME employee on staff that is skilled and/or CSCI degree holding to make proper use of this software package.

Unfortunately, Indysoft tech support is lacking and I would advise against anyone purchasing their 'latest and greatest' until some of the many reported bugs are resolved.

While the software is robust, we have lost more money than the purchase cost durring implementation. The loss stems from time invested on issues on their end, software flaws allowing data loss, etc.

All in all, someday, if more focus is put on improving their software, it could be something great, until then, we will continue to struggle with the decision we made.

Question/Comments: Drop us a note.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

brickard

I also would have to agree with the previous posters that this software requires IT employee(s) to stay dedicated to implementing it for quite awhile...

Send me a private message or email if anyone wants to discuss this software, quite possibly whatever another user's issues are, I have already came across and might be able to help out... or atleast discuss / confirm.

Edit:I have not implemented the enterprise version and have only a little 'hands on' experience with it. I have tons of experience with IndySoft's CLE version, which appears at face value to be basically the same as the enterprise version plus a few other commercial lab specific add ons [but it turns out that is not quite accurate due to the different needs/requirements/backend of enterprise rollouts].

Last edited by a moderator:
J

joshua d

We have been using Gage Insite for the past 18 months or so and we have had many problems.:mad:They have ranged from glitches while creating cal certs to the biggest problem which is their customer support. When we first started setting up the software we tried using Indysoft's crappy $700 support plan. Any time we called them asking for why the software had this hiccup or that, they told us that we had to go to a several hundred dollar class before they would help us.:argue: After 18 months of dealing with the worst software and customer support that $4000 can buy, I come to my last gripe. We recently had some computer problems and had to reinstall Gage Insite. Indysoft says that they won't even give us the license code so that we can reinstall our software unless we purchase another worthless $700 support agreement.:soap:

C

ceetee

We recently had some computer problems and had to reinstall Gage Insite. Indysoft says that they won't even give us the license code so that we can reinstall our software unless we purchase another worthless $700 support agreement.

Joshua,

I am not sure of the details of the first part of your post but you are always more than welcome to escalate your concerns to customercare at indysoft.com or call into the switchboard and have Tracy, our customer services assistant, connect you with management to discuss those matters in more detail.

On the part of this post I have quoted, this simply has to be some misunderstanding as our support policy completely allows re-registration of any software product with, or without, support. As an extreme example, we still register versions of our products as far back as 2001 for people who haven't had contracts in that same timeframe. Given that... something is obviously amiss.

Again, having to renew support to register is not our policy and inaccurate. Please contact us today to resolve this. Make sure when you call in to mention this is for 'registration' and don't just ask for 'support' because at that point the CSA only knows that you are out of contract and cannot forward the call through.

If you have any problems, give me a call.

Sincerely,

Charles R. Thompson
Director of Sales & Marketing
IndySoft Corporation
212 Adley Way
Greenville SC 29607

864-627-8858 x 240

Top Bottom