Calibration of Custom 6061 T6 Aluminum or Delrin Plastic Setup Tools??

M

Murakami

I have a lot of Set up tools that are currently in our calibration system. I'm trying to find justfication to take these out of the calibration cycle. These tools are generally 6061 T6 Aluminum or Delrin Plastic. These are custom made tools specifically for the set up of our machines and will be in the field with service techs.
Should these be included in the calibration system? Or should a First Article Inspection be completed and then add to inventory?
Or if someone has a better solution please let me know.

Thanks,

Murakami

B

Boscoeee

Re: Calibration of Set UP Tools??

I have a lot of Set up tools that are currently in our calibration system. I'm trying to find justfication to take these out of the calibration cycle. These tools are generally 6061 T6 Aluminum or Delrin Plastic. These are custom made tools specifically for the set up of our machines and will be in the field with service techs.
Should these be included in the calibration system? Or should a First Article Inspection be completed and then add to inventory?
Or if someone has a better solution please let me know.

Thanks,

Murakami

First what QMS are you operating under?

Are you accepting product with these set up gages?

Are you accepting test results based on these set up gages?

With a little more information, I would be glad to chime in.:2cents:

M

Murakami

1.We are compliant to ISO13485 and 21CFR820
2. No, Just for Set Up.
3. No, There isn't anything being measured with these tools.

B

Boscoeee

1.We are compliant to ISO13485 and 21CFR820
2. No, Just for Set Up.
3. No, There isn't anything being measured with these tools.

Thanks, my :2cents: is that the set up tools should be put into inventory and recalled at some periodicity, (you decide) to ensure that they are in good service condition.

However, I must say that most set up tools usually control a feature in my experience so be sure that you are on the right track and that all features and conditions are inspected with tools that have the correct calibration status required.

Good luck,

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource
What - specifically - do these set up tools do? Do they measure anything, or provide a base for some measurement (e.g., the machine measures the set up tool as a nominal reference)?

That will determine the approach.

Hope this helps.

M

Murakami

Thanks guys for you help!!
It turns out that we are going to keep this in our calibration system but go to a longer calibration cycle.

Thanks again!

Murakami:applause:

Top Bottom