Words of Wisdom

U

Umang Vidyarthi

Friends,

The words of wisdom by great men are real food for thought, but we forget them in day-to-day activities. As a reminder, I had been sending one quote a day through SMS to 50 odd recipients. I am starting this thread to post one quote everyday and would invite fellow covers to post their favourites.

Quote of the day:

"When it is not necessary to make a decision, it is necessary not to make a decision." ~ Lord Falkland

Umang :D

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JaneB

If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea .
~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I often think of Hanlon's Razor too.

U

Umang Vidyarthi

I often think about Wikipedia reference-linkHanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequatly explained by stupidity".

/Claes

Oh, btw: I seem to have attached it to all my posts. See below. ;) Hanlon's razor is also not far removed from one of Wes' favourites: Ockham's razor

Nice epigram. Though always sitting at the bottom of your posts (and noticed), yet the full meaning is visualised when concentrated upon. There is a great difference between 'seeing' & 'observing'.

Umang :D

B

bookcat

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw, Maxims for Revolutionists

P

prabhatchaddha

I have always loved this thought

" Leaders don't create followers ,they create more leaders" ---TOM PETERS

Top Bottom