Service Parts PPAP AIAG Manual - Opinions

soulmas

Involved In Discussions
Hi! Couple weeks ago, I got the First edition of the Service PPAP AIAG Manual. I went through all of it and I would like to know your opinion about it. Actually I have several questions:
1. What do you think about it?
2. Will it be considered as another "Core Tool Manual"?
3. What do you consider to be the main impact of this clarification manual?
4. For me, the main impact is the "Significant Production Run". For service, it says that shall be a statistically significant sample of a one year service... how do I calculate that? any suggestions.

greetings,
soulma

L

lk2012

Hi,
sorry for a bit silly question - this is the first time I hear about an AIAG manual for Services. What type of organisations in Automotive would that be for?
Our office is Sales & Logistics (no production here) so this might be something useful for me.
Lil

soulmas

Involved In Discussions
Thank you for your reply... the AIAG just released this new blue manual... you can check it on the following link:

https://www.aiag.org/source/orders/prodDetail.cfm?productDetail=XO-SVPPAP-1

It is supposed it was created to clarify the PPAP requirements for service parts. i.e: something that it was for a car model year 2010 that needs to be produced this year.

Still the 18 requirements for a PPAP package but with additional notes for clarifications for service parts.

L

lk2012

I see, it's service parts not companies providing service (as opposed to production). LOL feeling like a muppet :bonk:

Top Bottom