ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt - Format or any samples of two projects submitted

S

sxbalasu

Can anybody suggest me the format or any samples of two projects submitted for ASQ six sigma black belt. Should i have to get approval from my company.
Please let me know
thanks

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
This is an oldie, but have any of you gone through this? Who can cite a project they worked on?

S

S Roche Hendrix

My project was strictly customer driven. Our relationship with this customer was very close, so we had discussions with the customer about several issues that were important for them. They chose the project that I worked on. It benefited them more than us. There was a slight cost savings for us with increased productivity for our customer. The most significant benefit for this project was increased customer satisfaction. There is no requirement for a specific financial savings, as I understand there to be in some cases.

As far as having your company’s approval; I don’t know that there is a requirement but I feel your success may depend on it. You will likely need company resources, including your time, to work on the project. You must also submit an affidavit signed by your project champion.

B

Bill Pflanz

I received my certification in October, 2003. Due experience qualifications, I only had to submit one affidavit to ASQ rather than 2 projects. An affidavit form can be printed from the ASQ website and contains the basic information about the project and requires a signature of the team sponsor.

In addition, I attached a two page summary of the project showing the stakeholders, completed products and services done in DMAIC, and final results including financial benefits. I also included some of the flow charts, control charts, histograms etc. that I used during the project. Total pages including the signed affidavit was 9 pages. ASQ's policy is to only provide feedback on rejected qualifications for certifications so I do not know if I sent more than was needed.

Although ASQ provides confidentiality on the information provided, I did remove all references to my company from the summary and charts and made some of the chart names more generic. In addition, I received an okay from the business sponsor and my department head before sending the information. Your company may require a more formal review before anything is sent outside and may include the Marketing Department or even legal approval. You should check with them.

I have heard that the certification process for internal company, consultant or university BBs requires passing tests and making a presentation of the project to the executives using specified formats (usually in PowerPoint) that are provided to the "certifying body". After all, the medium is the message.

Bill

Top Bottom