Required Documents and Document Control in Human Resources for ISO 9001:2000

P

puddycat

What types of documents would a human resource department typically have to have in control to be in compliance with ISO 9001:2000?

GStough

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Document Control

What types of documents would a human resource department typically have to have in control to be in compliance with ISO 9001:2000?

Typically, one would see training forms, job descriptions, performance evaluations, etc. which relate to section 6.2.2 Competence, Awareness and Training of ISO 9001:2000. Your company may require others, but these are a few that I've seen as controlled documents in HR departments....

Hope this helps. :bigwave:

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Document Control in Human Resources for ISO9000:2000

I expanded the title of your post to hopefully get more responses...

To your question: it depends on what HR is responsible for.
If HR is the process owner for the training system then the training procedure(s) and records. This is typical, but where I work QA is the process owner of this system.
Our HR controls the following documents and associated processes:
-Performance Reviews
-Job Descriptions
-Org Chart
-Employee Handbook
-Hiring Procedure
-New Employee Orientation Procedure (which is linked to training)

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant

Pretty much all of them...any that are meaningful. However, most HR departments already control them via passwords and rev dates. Why not write your doc control procedure to allow that.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

All documents (sources of information) and records (proof of compliance) necessary for the safe, effective and efficient operation of the HR process.
Note that ISO 9001:2000 has minimum documentation/records requirements. The rest is up to you. Previous posts provide good examples.

Stijloor.

Top Bottom